Parameters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alkalinity and carbonate lower than parameters. But tank is only 7weeks old. What do i need to do?
Being only 7 weeks old, at this point, I wouldn't do anything. What numbers are you at at what numbers are you trying to achieve? What salt mix are you using? Do you have or plan to have any coral?

OP
OP
Johnhunterwork84

Johnhunterwork84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i don't have a salt mix yet. Bought the 5gallon jugs of salt water and ro water. Havn't quite been that far yet. And i don't have my numbers on me yet but ill post as soon as home from work. Thank you for your time btw.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i don't have a salt mix yet. Bought the 5gallon jugs of salt water and ro water. Havn't quite been that far yet. And i don't have my numbers on me yet but ill post as soon as home from work. Thank you for your time btw.
Unfortunately if you are buying the premixed saltwater, you are kinda at the mercy of that water chemistry unless you want to start dosing. Unless you have coral (which I assume you don't as of yet), whatever those numbers are, are most likely fine anyways. Once you post them it will be much easier to give you a direction to go in.

OP
OP
Johnhunterwork84

Johnhunterwork84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210427_193100.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Water changes generally restore values that are lacking. Try testing the purchased water you are getting and you may find ammonia-nitrate - ph- and other issues.

OP
OP
Johnhunterwork84

Johnhunterwork84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To give the full picture the tank is about 6 to 7weeks old. Live rock and sand to start. Ammonia and nitrite both spiked and now remain steady at 0ppm. 3days ago introduced 3 snails and 2 emerald crabs. Now just observing

Back