ParanoidObseshun's marineland 27cube

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a 20L Custom AIO setup at my previous residence for a little over a year. When I decided to move the reef tank to my new apartment I wanted to take the chance to upgrade a little bit. Since the new tank was going to be placed in the living room at the new place compared to my bedroom at the old house I really wanted to make everything look clean and nice. No more simple 2x4 stands with chords everywhere and light fixtures that were too big for the tank.

After looking for a while I was set on the marineland 27 gallon cube and I was also set on finally going with an LED fixture for lighting. I figured I would easily drop $200 dollars finding a T5 fixture that wouldnt overlap the tank and then getting upgraded bulbs for it. So after looking around for a bit I found a nice Multicolor LED unit online that I was hoping would get the job done. Bridgelux 120w Dimmable unit with a mixture of 60 and 90 degree optics.

The 20L was drained and all corals, fish, and rock were transported right to the cube. All the rock was transferred over plus a few new pieces that I had laying around from older tanks. The cube was setup mid December.

In the tank I have a hydor pico 300gph as the return pump, and then a hydor pico mag 300gph and 270gph powersweep for flow inside the tank. Both Hydor pumps have a hydor flo connected to them in hopes to get better random flow.

The cube was previously mostly LPS but since upgrading to LED's I wanted to start trying out some SPS.

Fish List:

Bicolor Blenny: Moved from the 20L
2 SA Mocha Occ Clowns

I also have some random snails and an emerald crab. With my previous setup I had the blue leg hermits but I decided not to add any to this tank as they would always knock corals around.

Picture of the 20L when it was up and running.

IMG_0871.jpg

Current pictures of the cube.

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0135-3.jpg

hYX2D.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks awesome! That is something along the lines of what I want my 20g High to look like, nice and clean looking. Great looking tank!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful reef!! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you! Everything seems to be doing pretty good, just have to take the time to secure most of my corals to the rock instead of leaving a bunch of frags on the sand.

Starting to try out some sps and I picked up a few pieces to test. What I have noticed so far is that my blenny wont let me put sps in the tank that needs to color up. I picked up 4 frags to begin with, 2 frags had descent color while the other 2 I got in hopes to try and color them up. My blenny nipped at both the frags that were browned but left the other 2 untouched. Even after picking up a few more frags he still leaves anything with color alone.

Here are a few pictures of some of the pieces I have so far.

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0315-1.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In an effort to try and make some stuff fit I cut my kryptonite candy canes and my pink hammer in half. Thinking about going to the lfs to trade them towards something else.

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New Pictures. I mounted some of the corals today and I still have quite a few left.

Took some time today and mounted some of the corals. Still have quite a few left to do.

IMG_0368_zps4e0f566c.jpg

IMG_0388_zpsa6c005af.jpg

IMG_0380_zps21062568.jpg

IMG_0389_zps416c7bee.jpg

IMG_0401_zpsc889f75a.jpg

IMG_0374_zps0b4762f8.jpg

RavePartyReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get this tank? From inside a space ship back from Mars? Great colors....the light u have seems to be doing a great job of popping all colors!

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys!

I will need to get some new pictures up soon. Everything seems to be doing real nice. The sps is doing well and the new frags are starting to encrust over the superglue. Some of the brown frags I picked up in the beginning are also starting to color back up.

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_0405_zpsb85b7eb3.jpg

Blenny on his perch
IMG_0384_zps59886b30.jpg

Frag starting to color up, had to cut off a big chunk in the center because my blenny attacked it when I put it in the tank. Starting to encrust over the cut.
IMG_0410_zps11cf5b71.jpg

Another sps frag. Not sure what it is. Bluer on the tips and more green towards the base.
IMG_0411_zpsda6c8ee1.jpg

Some frogspawns I need to find places for.
IMG_0385_zps5dd6d67c.jpg

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the first picture...the aspect makes the tank look really deep! at least to me it did lol

serpent

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, simply amazing. Love the colors and scape.

Back