View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are some updated pictures

IMG_1506_zpsa3d2e7f4.jpg

IMG_1481_zps55a95aaa.jpg

IMG_1476_zps30934626.jpg

Overflow compartment which is messy at the moment. There are 2 filter bags, 1 with carbon and another with phosguard. Then there is a little bit of chaeto and the filter floss and filter sponge right before the return pump.

IMG_1485_zps6049e826.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also it looks as if my female emerald crab is pregnant. You can see her move the flap on her belly and it looks as if there might be a mass of eggs in there. Its hard to get in a photo.

IMG_1495_zps7533e319.jpg

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the updates!

Why aren't you please with those leds?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can never seem to find a good setting and the light has been having glitches with the white channel not dimming properly and not staying constant. Also the colors in the corals arent that great. I have been considering that ocean revive led that you have Mr. D.

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. I will say the OR leds are pretty nice. You do have to turn up the blues a bit to avoid a purple look to the tank. The only control available are tuning nobs on the Arctic model. Everything is colored well, but there are some Zoas and palys still coloring up a bit.

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I bought the S026 light from OceanRevive. I really liked the overall look of the unit and the layout of the LED's. Now I just have to play the waiting game until I get it and get it up and running.

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a good choice. They are very well made. I had trouble in keeping my power cords from pulling on the fixture making it uneven over the tank. If you find a good fix let me know!

OP
OP
Paranoidobseshun

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a quick update on the tank. I just got my new light fixture and got it all hooked up last night. I am just trying to find that sweet spot with the settings.

Here is a top down shot. Id rather take a shot like this than a FTS because you can get a better view of the tank and corals.
IMG_1523_zps06c31213.jpg

Here is a frag I picked up 2 weeks ago right before I went on vacation. When I got it it was a little hurt and was solid green. This picture was taken underneath the old light and was after a week in the tank. You can already see it growing on the edges and it has colored up nicely and has a lot better polyp extension than when I got it.
IMG_1507_zps0b19a1c2.jpg

And then here is a picture of a strawberry shortcake frag I have. I have been waiting for about 2 months for this frag to start getting some color and after a while I could start seeing a little green. It wasnt until I hooked up my new light fixture that the colors really came out. I was surprised at the difference in color just after switching lights.
IMG_1520_zps014046c4.jpg

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed the only corals that are really finicky about the light are my Zoas and palys. All other sps/lps I'm having no problems. Chalices seen to love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess since you already had leds before you didn't need to spend much time in acclimation.

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to ask, how high are you hanging your fixture? Mine is about 10 inches above water line. Just moved it up. For some reason 90 degree optics penetrator didn't occur to me.

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine about 5-6 inches above the water line previously, so i was probably spotlighting corals and not getting proper blending and spread. Maybe why some of my Zoas weren't responding well to the leds.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • D/C

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • Both

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 13 14.8%

Back