Parapterois heterura

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have been looking for one of these guys for a wile now and cant seem to find one. Does anyone know where to find one, or know who to ask?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
correct me if i am wrong but if i remember correctly they were banned from sale and import in 2014

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen anything about that in my research. But I could be wrong.

Also just wanted to ask from what I have seen and heard the male and female are drastically different. I have added a picture of what I've seen online.

Screenshot_20180615-141852.png

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is these guys never make it, they have only had limited success in tanks kept below 70 degrees. This is probably why you can't find, if you do come across one, remember if you cant maintain your tank below 70 degrees, dont. So I'm sure getting one through all the collection and distribution sources will be tricky at best.

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is these guys never make it, they have only had limited success in tanks kept below 70 degrees. This is probably why you can't find, if you do come across one, remember if you cant maintain your tank below 70 degrees, dont. So I'm sure getting one through all the collection and distribution sources will be tricky at best.

Wow really. I thought they just needed to be around 74 or so. I didn't know they needed to be that cold.

You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a Sphinx at?

I already have all of the more common lions. Radiata, mambosa dwaf fuzzy, dwarf zebra, Antennata, Fu Manchu and Mombasa.

I am looking for some of the more rare varieties.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking the red Hawaiian, they come along from time to time, since the hawaaiin collection issue they have been harder to come by. If you do see one they'll likely be pretty exlensive $2-300. The Hawaiian green looks very brown in pics and when small, but when then get over 4" or so they get some awesome shades of green, and even aqua; so that would be one to look out for also.

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking the red Hawaiian, they come along from time to time, since the hawaaiin collection issue they have been harder to come by. If you do see one they'll likely be pretty exlensive $2-300. The Hawaiian green looks very brown in pics and when small, but when then get over 4" or so they get some awesome shades of green, and even aqua; so that would be one to look out for also.

Thanks,

Are there any other lions out there?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's the peppermint, which you will never find. I think the last one I heard about sold for like $2000. Do a search, they are unbelievable. Also a cold water species

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's the peppermint, which you will never find. I think the last one I heard about sold for like $2000. Do a search, they are unbelievable. Also a cold water species

I think I like the blue fins much better. The peppermints are nice though. Well then I guess I have run out of lions to obtain :(

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might try here for the Hawaiian lions, they get mixed reviews but I did have a friend get a pair of crosshatch triggers from them a couple years ago that went well. Their prices look cheap but they drop ship and you have to be near a major airport. http://hawaiisaltwaterfish.com/catalog/

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks, Some of the prices seem to good to be true on there. Crosshatches for 250 that's crazy Bandit angel for 300 wow.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back