Parascolymia?

Vyper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Messages
246
Reaction score
232
Location
Granby
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local lfs had this that caught my eye. They claim it is a parascolymia. I am a bit intrigued by it but have never seen anything like it. Can anyone confirm what it is and may be worth? Just something completely out of the ordinary.

47BD561D-0783-47FC-9B62-BF3EA545E65E.jpeg 5F86B949-D9C3-44CF-AFC3-1EC50C6206A8.jpeg FFE62B1C-8023-439F-B375-E34860B6044D.jpeg
 
WoRMS says that Parascolymia is an old and unaccepted name and now considered Lobophyllia

If they are correct that what they have was at some point called Parascolymia, then look at L. vitiensis and L. rowleyensis
 
Thank you very much for that information. I am going to try and research that way. I was wondering why I wasn’t finding anything on it
 
WoRMS says that Parascolymia is an old and unaccepted name and now considered Lobophyllia

If they are correct that what they have was at some point called Parascolymia, then look at L. vitiensis and L. rowleyensis

You may be onto something. It looks similar in shape to my green bowerbanki.

20210530_193401.jpg

But I think my green "bowerbanki" looks more like L. rowleyensis

LPS-12-4inches-Australomussa-Coral-Parascolymia-200_zps34hdopde.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new