Parasite inside of bristle worm?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just a spaghetti worm. The ‘parasites’ are the tentacles it puts out to catch food out of the water column. Totally harmless.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Spaghetti worm. They are good guys! If you see them in your tank, leave them there. So, you’ve got a worm with loads of thin tentacles poking out of your sand bed or rock work, chances are, it’s a Spaghetti Worm.
These worms are normally harmless detritus eaters, but they can annoy corals if they are constantly moving around near the base of them. This can cause your corals to close, but rest assured, they are not attacking your corals.
Their main body is normally not visible, they hide deep within the sand bed with just their long tentacles poking out of the sand. They have a segmented body, closely resembling an earth worm. They are most commonly found in cream, white, pink, brown and beige colours, some of them have striped feeding tentacles.
These guys do multiply quickly, but if you find them in your tank, just let them be. Let them do their job as a beneficial hitch-hiker!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back