• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Pax Bellum ARID N18 Macroalgae Based Bio Filter - BNIB

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***SOLD***Selling a brand new Pax Bellum ARID N18 Macroalgae Based Bio Filter

I first want to say this thing is a work of art. I'm one of those guys that places importance on build quality, cosmetics, craftsmanship etc. So I don't mind spending top dollar if it works as advertised and meets all of those criteria I just listed... and this thing isn't cheap! There is also a 5-month wait time. I was told 4-6 weeks, which is also listed on Unique Corals' site... but that simply isn't the case. It was exactly 5 months from the time I ordered it.

The reason I'm selling it is that I just don't have the space for it in my cabinet. My original sump had the needed room, but my new setup does not. I actually bought this before I even had plans to go with a new sump. But because of the long wait time, I actually kind of forgot about it. This unit it is brand new and only taken out of the plastic for pictures. I am asking what I paid for it because of the 5-month wait. Any offers much less than asking price then I'll just keep this masterpiece for a future setup. Thanks for looking!

You can find detailed information on Unique Corals' site: http://uniquecorals.com/dry-goods/p...e-based-bio-absorption-filtration-system.html

$449 shipped - Open to coral trades... no tiny frags please

IMG_8042 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_8046 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_8051 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_8049 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_8047 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_8045 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

Last edited:

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a monster component. My advice is to run it 8 hours at night if you want zero nutrients. Great for a FOWLR tank. If you have LPS/softies, run it 4-5 hours a night. These things are awesome! I've had one for about 7 months. I think I was one of the first on the wait list.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They need to pay you for product photos! :D

ryanncully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a monster component. My advice is to run it 8 hours at night if you want zero nutrients. Great for a FOWLR tank. If you have LPS/softies, run it 4-5 hours a night. These things are awesome! I've had one for about 7 months. I think I was one of the first on the wait list.
so when you say "run it" you are talking about the lights correct?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***SOLD*** Thanks to everyone who showed interest and sent me images of your coral trades!

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so when you say "run it" you are talking about the lights correct?

Yes sir. Keep water flowing constantly.

I had the lights running 8 hour per night and when I sent off my water to Triton, my nutrients were all non-existent (too low). Turning the light cycle down to a shorter period did the trick.

In a FOWLR, I'd think you could keep it virtually algae free with this if you ran it 8-12 hours a day.

ryanncully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir. Keep water flowing constantly.

I had the lights running 8 hour per night and when I sent off my water to Triton, my nutrients were all non-existent (too low). Turning the light cycle down to a shorter period did the trick.

In a FOWLR, I'd think you could keep it virtually algae free with this if you ran it 8-12 hours a day.

Roger that, I currently have a nano but will prolly run this on my 120 reef tank i am in the process of building.

Last edited:

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just bought one of these and had a question. Which feed pump do you guys recommend?

ryanncully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run it inline with return pump, 1100 rio but I will be using a ecotech vectra m1.

Last edited:

joeboots82520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up buying one new and run it off a manifold with an ehiem 1262. It needs 150-200 gph if I recall you could probably get away with a sicce syncra 1.5

Back