0   0   0
So nice to have a quality piece of equipment ,,
3EDAD649-2D59-498E-8E00-F2BB53A38095.jpeg

teller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No ,, I dose ,, Julian Sprung's Iron Concentrate ,, one cap full per 25g ,, I also dose 10ml of Chaeto Gro ,, I buy these from BRS ,, I dose Mag from the BRS dry mag that you mix up ,, dose once a week ,,
Thanks.
I also dose Iron and Manganese and it makes a diference.
I think Manganese is the real thing for healthy macroalgae, that is why i asked.
Besides the Iron Concentrate(2 litle fishies), and ChaetoGrow(Brightwell) i would like to try the ESV transition elements( Iron, Manganese and Zinc), but i am in Europe, EU, and i dont have access to these products.
I am very happy with your results which will help many people that now strugle with keeping macroalgae long term.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Chatto sucks the iron out of you tank ,, grows great till the iron is gone ,, then nada ,, I like the Pax Bellum ,, I used to grow the chatto in a tub in the sump tank ,, stuff would break off and get in the return pump :( I tried the Skimz Chatto Reactor ,, that's junk ,, took the plunge and bought the Pax Bellum and have never looked back ,, quality machine that's well worth what I paid for it ,,

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not worth squat ,, but it may not be the Pax's fault ,, I am working on finding out if its the Pax or me ,, I pulled the Pax off of my system a few days ago ,, I set up the Kessil H80 Chaeto grow light over my Chateo that is back in a tray in my sump tank ,,

So ,, what I did was dose Vibrant to the tank for several weeks because of some bubble algae that popped up in the display tank ,, it got into my system thru my Chaeto source ,, it was in the Chaeto that I got from a fellow reefer ,, I didn't see it.

Turns out ,, if your trying to grow Chaeto ,, you don't want to be dosing Vibrant ,, the Chaeto in the Pax was turning to mush ,, I did a couple of water changes to the tank ,, a 25g and a 30g water change ,, waited a couple of weeks ,, then reloaded the Pax with Chaeto ,, the Vibrant should have been out of the system ,, I left the Pax alone for right at 2 weeks ,, opened it up to see what the Chaeto was doing. It wasn't mush ,, but it wasn't growing either ,,

The plan now is ,, run the Kessil H80 for a few weeks ,, to see if the Chaeto I have in the tray grows ,, if it does grow ,, how well its growing ,, when and if it gets to a point where its growing good ,, I will set the Pax up again and give it another go ,, if it doesn't grow in the Pax then ,, it won't be going back onto my system,,

Its a pricey piece of equipment ,, but I am not going to beat a dead horse ,, others are having the same mush problems as I am having ,, but they could be like me ,,, not to bright lol

Last edited:

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan B.F. Prior to dosing Vibrant, how long were you successfully growing chaeto in your sump & in the Pax? And what was wrong withe Skimz ?

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made two batches of Chaeto in the Pax ,, worked awesome ,, before I started to have problems ,, I am sure its just a me thing ,, but I have read other have given up on theirs for the mush reason ,, so now I just want to know :)

The Skimz ,, wow ,, I bought it from BRS ,, never got any Chaeto out of it ,, got it sit up and running, ran good for 3 weeks ,, then the light went out ,, BRS sent me a replacement light ,, that light ran 2 weeks before going out ,, I threw it in the trash ,, no more Skimz products for me ,, it was a poor design anyway ,, getting the seal to sit in the right place is a chore ,, the only way I could get the seal to sit right was to soak the seal in hot water for a bit first ,, JMO they rushed it to market to get some sales ,, before anyone else got into the market ,,

The Pax is quality made ,, its up in the air if it works like its supposed to or not ,, the Pax people have a Forum ,, I am not the only one with this mush thing going on ,,

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back