Pay movers to move large tank?

It's been a while since your post, but I wanted to offer some insight. Hey @reef! Congrats on successfully moving your 270g aquarium!
Moving a large aquarium like a 240g tank can be a tricky task. While the buddy pizza and beer method can work for smaller tanks, for something as big as yours, it might be safer to hire a professional moving company.
For me it ended up being the buddy and beer method. I planned a lot and it went very well during the move of my 270g aquarium. The issue I ran into was moving companies wanting to do a job this small and not charge an insanely high price. At the end of the day it came down to some strong friends and lots of planning. After I was done I was happy I did not pay someone since it was so easy. Granted my access into my house and the planning were key to the success.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new