PayPal Scam

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah, I think PayPal itself is a scam. Just my opinion though.

LOL - Thats like saying eBay or Craigslist is a scam...I have been using paypal for 10+ years and it is a great way to send payment without having to give your credit/debit information to a vendor.
That being said there are plenty of people always trying to pull a scam - Just be careful and ignore sketchy emails!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to go into the link and put a bunch of fake stuff in there, like "Go scam somebody else" and stuff like that, haha

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL - Thats like saying eBay or Craigslist is a scam...I have been using paypal for 10+ years and it is a great way to send payment without having to give your credit/debit information to a vendor.
That being said there are plenty of people always trying to pull a scam - Just be careful and ignore sketchy emails!

Do you sell on eBay? I have had a few people over the years use PayPal's policies to get what they wanted. I even had one custom break an item so they could get a refund from PP when I said i would not accept a return unless it was damaged via shipping (Titanium oakleys don't just break in shipping) . ebay, who owns PayPal makes a percentage off sold listings, then PayPal makes 3% from transactions sent to the seller. ebay also demands that you offer PayPal as a form of payment so they can make more money. ebay and PayPal used to be awesome until they got greedy.

Also, since PayPal is not a bank, it does not fall under the same rules as banks. At any given time for any reason they chose, paypal can put a hold on your account indefinately. They can transfer money from your account to other accounts without your permission during disputes. They ask for you SSN, bank info, and CC info claiming they need it to allow you to spend or receive more money. They don't NEED your SSN, they don't NEED your bank info, the only thing they NEED is your CC number and address.

Here is a website with more info on all of the things they can legally do. As well as horror stories and info on the numerous lawsuits against them.

PayPal Problems & PayPal Answers!

"The truth is out there"

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
paypal is very buyer friendly only.
i wouldnt ever link it to a bank account that has much money in it.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
paypal is very buyer friendly only.
i wouldnt ever link it to a bank account that has much money in it.

Exactly, that is why you rarely hear a single complaint as a buyer about them. If you sell a lot of stuff and are not an actual company that accepts paypal as another form of payment, you have issues often.

That is why you use the refillable CCs. They cannot take out what isn't there and you have no info linked to that card.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back