PBT hates the algae scraper

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PBT attacks the algae scrapper every time I use it. I try to go slow because he rams it and has scratched himself good more then once. It doesn't matter when I do it, lights out or on, he just attacks.

Anyone else have this problem or any ideas how to make him stop.....lol..

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PBT runs and hides anytime I touch my scraper. The outside of my glass is dirty. He freaks if I use a rag or squeegee on the outside.

HaHa mine is the opposite. He attacks everything, no fear at all.

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown tang is exactly the same way. he gets so angry at it I try to finish as quickly as possible

So I am not the only one dealing with an attack tang , My biggest issue with this is the scratches my PBT keeps getting from this. I think I may try a different scraper and see if it makes a difference. Have you ever tried this?

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does the same and now that I think my blue jaw triggers are spawning they both go after it even more than the PBT, but only when the cleaner is near the patch of sand they're tending

My tang follows it all around the tank. I really do wish I could make him stop. He is such a beautiful fish and I would hate for this to leave permanent scars on his body.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back