Here is my inspiration from member Noucmam:

SupermanTable-1.jpg
Wow that's crazy lol really pretty

knukles55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's my question for you guys since multiple people on this thread have this coral. is it a hard acro to keep is it a really sensitive piece? I'm just getting into acros and would like to add this to a list of dream frags down the line.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's my question for you guys since multiple people on this thread have this coral. is it a hard acro to keep is it a really sensitive piece? I'm just getting into acros and would like to add this to a list of dream frags down the line.
In my experience its very hard to kill. Its also very hard to color up. Mine has been through several tank mishaps and is still going strong. I've never pulled great color but I think that has more to do with placement than anything else.

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been some time, Starting from about an inch, growing it up, having to break it into 5 mini colonies(Crash 2014), growing it out again and then fagging I finally left my hands off of it and it took off. The 1 of my 5 mini colonies from the original frag is now about 6 inches wide. The other mini colony has now been broken into 5 mini colonies. This is a great coral and one of my favorites.
DPP_0809.jpg

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tdb320reef ,Were any of your frags mostly green at any point? That's where mine is at but it looks like it's ready to take off from there.....I hope!

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tdb320reef ,Were any of your frags mostly green at any point? That's where mine is at but it looks like it's ready to take off from there.....I hope!

Hi Thanks, The first post show what it looked like when I first got it but that one eventually RTN'd. Also, If you look at Page 5 you can look at the large frag that I received from Jay a person 2nd from SunnyX (they use to trade and we all live in metro D) and it didn't have any green in it or green polyps but was brownish when it wasn't happy, Also if you look at the mother colony from SunnyX in his famous pic there also is not evidence of green or greenish color Page 8. But who knows, I have seen stranger things happen to corals as they morph in our systems from water parameters, flow and lighting. Mine has had an interesting shape but is now taking more of a tabling appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPS_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received my frag and it was pink with pink polyps. Turned more green in my system in the beginning, even the polyps. I have had it close to a year now I think, from a 1/2inch frag. Just last week I noticed the green going away, and even the polyps are turning red. The tips are super blue. I know this piece originally came from SunnyX since I was there that day Noucmam took it out the bag.

I got a pink lemonade from BC that turned solid blue and grew that way for a while! In a few months it turned solid yellow with just a blue rim at the base. Weird stuff! I will see if I can find the pics...

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back