OP
OP
TripFamAZ

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ralph is settling in nicely! So far ghost shrimp and clams seem to be a favorite. He’s been rearranging his home all week.
IMG_2722.jpeg

OP
OP
TripFamAZ

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ralph is thriving! We have officially had him over a week and he spends his days carrying rocks and sand and rearranging his new home just as he wants it. If you notice in the second pictures he has spent hours covering some of the tubing holes with small rocks and shells. Watching his little legs grab scoopfuls of sand and move it around is just THE cutest!
IMG_2854.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2817.jpeg
    IMG_2817.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
TripFamAZ

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is water change day! Currently waiting for the new saltwater to finish mixing, I use a really cheap Powerhead and pump and it seems to work really well. I’m a little nervous the change will mess something up so here’s to hoping all goes well.
Ralph is super proud of himself and all these rocks and shells he has moved in front of his burrow.
IMG_2870.jpeg
IMG_2867.jpeg

OP
OP
TripFamAZ

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ralph met a friend today and ATE him…
Lolol jk
We decided to try saltwater mollies to mix up the live feeders today and he loved (or hated depending on how you look at it) catching him.
I did advise him against playing with his food.
TGIF!
IMG_3310.jpeg

OP
OP
TripFamAZ

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just giving a quick update on Ralph! He’s been doing great and I think getting ready to molt as he’s not coming out quite as much and is much more of an orange/brown color!
IMG_3693.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3691.jpeg
    IMG_3691.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
TripFamAZ

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am pretty sure Ralph just went through a molt. Last week he closed off his burrow really well and barely came out or was visible for about 48 hours. He also wasn’t eating as much.
That has all changed this week! He’s opened up his burrow, is killing everything in the tank and seems out and about more often. I could even swear he looks a little bigger! We use all natural lighting in his tank to help avoid shell rot and he also seems to now enjoy looking out the window when we leave the blinds open. They are amazing creatures.
Today he enjoyed his favorite snack…
Peppermint Shrimp!
IMG_3768.jpeg
IMG_3776.jpeg IMG_3771.jpeg

OP
OP
TripFamAZ

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a difference 2 months makes!
We found an amazing deal on a rimless AIO 50 gallon tank this weekend and bought it!
Ralph will be getting an upgrade as soon as I can figure out how to do it!
IMG_3944.jpeg

OP
OP
TripFamAZ

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t updated in awhile!
Over the last several weeks we have been in the process of getting ready to move Ralph into his new forever 50 gallon mansion. It’s ALL just for him!
Tonight was the big night and we were thankfully able to just scoop his PVC burrow into a piece of Tupperware with a lid and pop him into his new home. It was dark by the time we finished so I’ll share a final picture of the new setup tomorrow.

IMG_4305.jpeg
IMG_4306.jpeg
IMG_4304.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.6%
Back