Pearlscale butterfly help

gongshow1988

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am attaching a short video of my pearlscale butterfly. I’ve had it for about three weeks now. Eats like a pig. Has a lot of personality. But will scrape against rocks. I noticed a few spots that look like scales peeling off. I pulled carbon and dosed Prazipro this past Sunday. Also put in an air stone for extra aeration. Any ideas on what this could be?

Attachments

• IMG_8179.mov
    63.9 MB
OP
OP
G

gongshow1988

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am attaching some photos as well since the video doesn’t seem to be going through.

Attachments

• IMG_8189.jpeg
    IMG_8189.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8187.jpeg
    IMG_8187.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8186.jpeg
    IMG_8186.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8182.jpeg
    IMG_8182.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8181.jpeg
    IMG_8181.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 30

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am attaching a short video of my pearlscale butterfly. I’ve had it for about three weeks now. Eats like a pig. Has a lot of personality. But will scrape against rocks. I noticed a few spots that look like scales peeling off. I pulled carbon and dosed Prazipro this past Sunday. Also put in an air stone for extra aeration. Any ideas on what this could be?

Did you see any improvement after the Prazipro? If so, you'll need to dose it again 8 days after the first dose.

The spots on its side above the gill isn't flukes though.

The fish is fairly thin, so you'll want to feed it multiple times a day.

Jay

OP
OP
G

gongshow1988

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see any improvement after the Prazipro? If so, you'll need to dose it again 8 days after the first dose.

The spots on its side above the gill isn't flukes though.

The fish is fairly thin, so you'll want to feed it multiple times a day.

Jay
I did see an improvement with the head shakes that she was doing. Right now I am feeding three times a day. First feeding is a mix of different new life spectrum pellets with some ocean nutrition freeze dried brine/spirulina brine. Then later in the day is a variety of either LRS or Rods frozen foods. At end of day I usually do some more freeze dried brine and some sheets of Nori

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
These fish are susceptible to uronema and bacterial issues and I see a bump on it which suggests skin irritation.
Riby rally or quick cure would be a good safeguard medication and in addition to foods you are feeding it add mysis shrimp, spirulina brine shrimp, Formula 1 & 2 frozen

OP
OP
G

gongshow1988

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish are susceptible to uronema and bacterial issues and I see a bump on it which suggests skin irritation.
Riby rally or quick cure would be a good safeguard medication and in addition to foods you are feeding it add mysis shrimp, spirulina brine shrimp, Formula 1 & 2 frozen
What brand is the quick cure? Also am I wasting my time with the PraziPro treatment?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What brand is the quick cure? Also am I wasting my time with the PraziPro treatment?
The fish appears to have responded to Prazi, continue it unless you see negative signs again. Quick cure is near impossible to fing and is formalin based but Ruby Rally Pro and general cure have ingredients that address some of the issues associated with bascteria and other skin issues

OP
OP
G

gongshow1988

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish appears to have responded to Prazi, continue it unless you see negative signs again. Quick cure is near impossible to fing and is formalin based but Ruby Rally Pro and general cure have ingredients that address some of the issues associated with bascteria and other skin issues
Will do! Thank you for the replies everybody!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 62 34.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back