OP
OP
Saltwater_Dreams

Saltwater_Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a 4 min FW dip :( now in the QT but its clearly not looking good.
20220729_093806.jpg

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an observation, I don't have any solutions, sorry. The wrasses stomach appears to be quite sunken. Mine is always pretty chubby. Have the fish been eating? Are you feeding them enough? I normally feed at least a few cubes of frozen a day and other occasional things for a little variety, plus Nori for the Tangs.

OP
OP
Saltwater_Dreams

Saltwater_Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to increase aeration when using prazipro.
I created more agitation with the powerhead on the surface last night and have the chaeto going, should I add an airstone to the DT? This wrasse is in the QT now, curling in the picture but just flipped himself upright for a moment. He only had 18 hrs in the DT with Prazipro, should I dose prazi in the QT for him too or should I try something for brooklynella or ich instead?

I have the temp at 80.5 right now but can adjust

16591129104833672201257497811723.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding an airstone can only help.

OP
OP
Saltwater_Dreams

Saltwater_Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an observation, I don't have any solutions, sorry. The wrasses stomach appears to be quite sunken. Mine is always pretty chubby. Have the fish been eating? Are you feeding them enough? I normally feed at least a few cubes of frozen a day and other occasional things for a little variety, plus Nori for the Tangs.
I've been feeding twice a day (frozen rods eggs & marine buffet with garlic and some pellets) but he didnt come out to eat yesterday :/

OP
OP
Saltwater_Dreams

Saltwater_Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to lean towards marine velvet with how many tiny dots there are, especially on the pipefish fins now. Nothing fell off during the dip. I don't know where I could get the treatments locally though. Any advice?

Plan is to get some copper today, hopefully some chloroquine or something to treat the attached parasites. Get my other fish into this QT to treat and hope for the best..

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to lean towards marine velvet with how many tiny dots there are, especially on the pipefish fins now. Nothing fell off during the dip. I don't know where I could get the treatments locally though. Any advice?

Plan is to get some copper today, hopefully some chloroquine or something to treat the attached parasites. Get my other fish into this QT to treat and hope for the best..
If you don't mind me asking, did this ever get resolved? Did you ever find out what was wrong? Someone else in the forum may be going through something similar right now with a wrasse and I'm trying to find information that may help. Ty:)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back