Pectinia is deciding

aurelia

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
charlotte
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just recently got a new pectinia coral and it was doing very well the first month. I had 2 lights but now I added another light in the middle. The pectinia is located under the third one and I was woundering if that makes a difference or if they don’t like much light. 2 weeks after I added that extra light I started noticing that it was receding on the top of the coral. I’m not sure why this is but I’m also having slight waves in my alkalinity, pH, and water levels because of my ATO being broken. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this or what is causing it? It appears there is also some red algae on the tips of the coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new