Pectinia with receding issue

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers,

I got this piecea of pectinia close to 3 months.
Previously i placing it on sand bed with low light low flow, then slowly i can see it was receding with some expose skeleton. I'm guessing it got something to do with sand constantly been build up a bit on its flesh.

Thus i moving it up a bit from the sandbed, and the flow also better within the range of low-mid.

Although i can see it stopped to recede. But it doesn't seems to recover it as well.

What can i do to improve it's condition?
Should i place it on a more stronger flow?

Thanks

IMG_20210624_175548_edit_2102435727546900.jpg IMG_20210624_175538.jpg IMG_20210624_175527.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Moderate light and water flow and assure: alk, ca, mag, salinity and nitrates are not elevated

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@foxngn Heya, did your pectinia ever recover? If so, what did you end up doing?

I’ve had mine for several months and it looked great. Still does but for the edges of the skeleton poking out now. Someone said “feed more” with no additional context and I’m making an assumption that the skeleton is growing faster than the flesh. Except now, additional blades appear.

I’ll continue to try and feed, but the one I have are the branching space invader and they don’t easily trap food like my more cupped pectinia.

Just looking to see if others have had theirs recover.

41141007-9717-4E57-A75C-3FA4D90F006B.jpeg

OP
OP
foxngn

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To
@foxngn Heya, did your pectinia ever recover? If so, what did you end up doing?

I’ve had mine for several months and it looked great. Still does but for the edges of the skeleton poking out now. Someone said “feed more” with no additional context and I’m making an assumption that the skeleton is growing faster than the flesh. Except now, additional blades appear.

I’ll continue to try and feed, but the one I have are the branching space invader and they don’t easily trap food like my more cupped pectinia.

Just looking to see if others have had theirs recover.

To be honest, i didn't do anything special or target feed, but i move it to a low light low flow section.
But yeah it did recovered though, the current state flesh was growing and expanding more than before.
I kept it so far i never see it's expand the feeding tentacle though.

I had attached a picture that i taken during early September as attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20210910_211839.jpg
    IMG_20210910_211839.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 60

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To

To be honest, i didn't do anything special or target feed, but i move it to a low light low flow section.
But yeah it did recovered though, the current state flesh was growing and expanding more than before.

That’s great. Mine looks healthy except for this and to be honest I see vendor photos of exposed skeleton so I assumed it may be due to how it grows. But I don’t know.

Either way, it isn’t withering away so I’ll give mine the benefit of doubt and be patient.

thanks for sharing your update.

Careefornia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To

How did you recover yours? Lighting requirement flow? Feeding? Nutrients? Help pls

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back