Pedras Secas - SPS with zoas BB

Latest update.

IMG_1524.jpeg
IMG_0548.jpeg
IMG_1517.jpeg
 
Not so nice update.

My amazing Allstar (Acropora donei) suffered from severe burnt tips from contaminants from my RO water that showed poor quality after my membrane failed after 3 years without change (my fault).

I have cut that huge colony into 5 smaller colonies that are still alive but far from pretty.

I have also trimmed other colonies just to keep size equilibrium.


IMG_4204.jpeg
IMG_4205.jpeg
IMG_4206.jpeg
IMG_4207.jpeg
 
How did you find out the membrane failed?
 
Very busy with work for some weeks I was just doing routine and failed to check things. I coincidentally went to an aquarium event that led me to send an ICP before the bad things. It detected very high Aluminum and Silicon. The acropora started showing mutiple burnt tips. Alk consumption reduced a lot. All this happened but none of this answers your question.

Now the part of interest that led me to the conclusion: my post membrane TDS rose to about 60 and the pressure bottomed to near zero meaning it was damaged. I had already used this bad water for weeks...

How did you find out the membrane failed
 
Not so nice update.

My amazing Allstar (Acropora donei) suffered from severe burnt tips from contaminants from my RO water that showed poor quality after my membrane failed after 3 years without change (my fault).

I have cut that huge colony into 5 smaller colonies that are still alive but far from pretty.

I have also trimmed other colonies just to keep size equilibrium.


IMG_4204.jpeg
IMG_4205.jpeg
IMG_4206.jpeg
IMG_4207.jpeg
Sorry about your Acro colony!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new