Peer Pressure

Commander86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goodmorning all. I was pressured into starting a new build. @HotRocks
And I where an integral part of building @4FordFamily Wall tank. Both of these gentleman I have known for the best part of 15 years. 4fordfamily gifted me this Red Sea reefer for two reasons. One I owned many freshwater and with. 1.5 year old little girl I wanteded another but I wouldn’t hear the end of it if I filled it with pumpkin seeds and river wood so he gave me one of his many fish tanks. His daughter was hesitant but she loves my girl and is such a sweetie so was ok with it. Secondly, he paid me in pizza for a two month build that took countless hours, material and stress. Not even good pizza..... papa johns. Regardless her I am with a red sea 170. This will not be a crazy build but I am excited and it will be fun. As you all know these two guys are like pioneers in my eyes. ( even though kyle has been doing it for only 2 years) kyle will be quarantining my fish and I am motivated to put some nice corals in it too. There has been a debate as to what I should get in regards to fish. Or course clowns, urchins, yellow goby, prawn goby, dottyback, blue hippo, kauderns cardinals, but I will try a flameback angel, flame angel, longnose hawkfish, possum wrasse. Possibly a regal depending on how things go. Opinions are like..... everyone has one and most of them stink. All depends on the builders desires. Please everyone..... positive feedback and let’s have fun.

Last edited:

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.. I happily work for pizza :D

64534FF0-6214-43B3-9BCA-BE4F02AF748C.gif

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That required so much editing. I know Kyle had something to do with that! :D

Welcome buddy, glad to have you. I didn't gift you anything you worked your TAIL off to help me get my old house ready for sale, landscape both houses, help build my wall tank, and a myriad of other things.

Glad to see you here, thanks for everything, excited to bring you to the dark side! :)

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @Commander86 to R2R. One thing for sure, you need to be a bit more careful in the friends you pick! :eek: If you can put up with Ford, Hotrocks and Papa John's Pizza, you'll like it here. :D :cool: Again, welcome.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R :) @Commander86

Great Place, Great People (For the most part except for @4FordFamily :eek:) and tons of great info!!!!

Looking forward to QTing more fish... Sigh...

Last edited:

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R :)

Great Place, Great People (For the most part except for @4FordFamily :eek:) and tons of great info!!!!

Looking forward to QTing more fish... Sigh...
LOL tough crowd here today! :D

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goodmorning all. I was pressured into starting a new build. @HotRocks
And I where an integral part of building @4FordFamily Wall tank. Both of these gentleman I have known for the best part of 15 years. 4fordfamily gifted me this Red Sea reefer for two reasons. One I owned many freshwater and with. 1.5 year old little girl I wanteded another but I wouldn’t hear the end of it if I filled it with pumpkin seeds and river wood so he gave me one of his many fish tanks. His daughter was hesitant but she loves my girl and is such a sweetie so was ok with it. Secondly, he paid me in pizza for a two month build that took countless hours, material and stress. Not even good pizza..... papa johns. Regardless her I am with a red sea 170. This will not be a crazy build but I am excited and it will be fun. As you all know these two guys are like pioneers in my eyes. ( even though kyle has been doing it for only 2 years) kyle will be quarantining my fish and I am motivated to put some nice corals in it too. There has been a debate as to what I should get in regards to fish. Or course clowns, urchins, yellow goby, prawn goby, dottyback, blue hippo, kauderns cardinals, but I will try a flameback angel, flame angel, longnose hawkfish, possum wrasse. Possibly a regal depending on how things go. Opinions are like..... everyone has one and most of them stink. All depends on the builders desires. Please everyone..... positive feedback and let’s have fun.
By the way.... we had Marcos pizza, too. Ungrateful! Next time you're getting Cici's pizza! :D

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Well, thank you for the funniest intro I've seen in a while, and for a morning belly laugh over coffee. Glad you're here. Can't wait to follow your build thread. Welcome to the family. And by the way, if you're bent on including some river wood, you can coat it with a 2- or 3-part epoxy and stick it in there anyway. Don't forget that it's YOUR tank.

dogeatinggiphy.gif

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back