beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just testing out attachements.

This is long read but ya'll enjoy.

It seems to have worked so if you got a few minutes to read I would enjoy some feedback.

p.s. you're allowed to laugh your head off and say and thing yep that's beaslbob.

Attachments

• pelletgrillmaintenanceman.pdf
    61.5 KB · Views: 129

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just testing out attachements.

This is long read but ya'll enjoy.

It seems to have worked so if you got a few minutes to read I would enjoy some feedback.

p.s. you're allowed to laugh your head off and say and thing yep that's beaslbob.
Yup, that's beaslbob! :p

Gotta love the loose wire. They shouldn't make loose wires so easy to get to. That way you get more satisfaction when you find and fix them! :D

Glad you got it working!

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome BOB. my company made one for a while. I got one of the very first ones off the line to take out to a MAJOR retailer to pitch it them. this was on the West coast. We planned to cook them lunch on the grill to show how good it cooks. We get it assembled and set in place on the patio at 10:30 am. push the on button. it comes on. it would start to smoke, but never really take off. filled up with pellets each time. i start calling every engineer we have (mind you they dont answer lowly sales persons calls). all the While my Buyers are wondering what the heck is going on. why wont it light. faulty product? omg. Thankfully this model had a searing grate so we were able to cook the steaks. model was returned to the factory for evaluation. turns out the auger and the igniter wires were reversed. UGH.

Needless to say this error cost us the business at this retailer. turns out all of that production run had reversed wires. there were a number of other issues that plagued this thing. it was a disaster. I still have this model on display at my house. I worked the kinks out. it cooks amazingly.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting and a good read! I've never even heard of that pellet grill. Tried to google it and not even on Thor's website. Only found one for sale on ebay. Are they more widely available out your way?

OP
OP
B

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting and a good read! I've never even heard of that pellet grill. Tried to google it and not even on Thor's website. Only found one for sale on ebay. Are they more widely available out your way?
I got mine from ebay after many emails to Alibaba and the like. $699 with shipping was about the price from china delivered to my door. Got one quote for $450 delivered to Alabama $620 to my door.

After a few uses the stainless has brown burned grease marks on the front ledge. It also has only one meat probe not the two advertised. I also seems to be a grease catcher with grease marks on the concrete under the cabinet. I also had to add threaded inserts in a few places after assembly and the silver handle in the right is actually plastic and pulled out the mounting screws.

All in all I think I would have been better getting the pit boss vertical smoker from wall mart. The have a 3 cubic feet model at academy sports and others for $349, 5 cubic food wall mart only for $399, and the 7 cubic foot model for $799. it is a vertical smoker with roll out shelves, large door with a windoe covering almost the entire door, a drip water pan, double walled, and the pellet hopper holds 40 pounds and is 4" thick across the entire back wall. Plus the fire box and hopper have pull out plates to empty them quickly. Which would be great to testing various pellet flavors or just to get the pellets inside to stay dry. Down side is that it is a vertical smoker type which would make flipping burgers/ steaks a hassle. But would be great for pork roasts, ribs, and so on.

But that was not available when I ordered the one I have.

Live and learn I guess. LOL

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have the skills to repair things, can you come install a window regulator in a 'o4 Maxima?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back