Peninsula Gyres

e34stx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning everyone,
i have a 500L bare bottom mixed reef peninsula and trying tp play with the flow. my current setup is 1x gyre at the top near the over flow and 2x gyres mounted verically on each back wall by the side of the overflow. im wondering if its best to remove the vertical ones and position them both on the overflow. so one at the top and one at the bottom? the bottom unit blasts detritus of the bottom glass. at tnight i could turn the top one off so the reverse gyre encourages waste to go in the overflow. has anyone had or gt a simalar setup?
thanks

OP
OP
E

e34stx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my current gyre setup.
20190613_125443.jpg

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Gyre XF250's and 2 MP40's on my 5' Reefer 650 peninsula. All were on the back (overflow side) glass with the XF250's vertical until today when I moved 1 of the XF250's to the overflow horizontal like your setup. (I wasn't happy with the dead zone on the last foot of the tank.) I am considering putting the other X250 on the bottom of the overflow as you mentioned. Did you ever do this? Curious to see what you think of this setup.

OP
OP
E

e34stx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Gyre XF250's and 2 MP40's on my 5' Reefer 650 peninsula. All were on the back (overflow side) glass with the XF250's vertical until today when I moved 1 of the XF250's to the overflow horizontal like your setup. (I wasn't happy with the dead zone on the last foot of the tank.) I am considering putting the other X250 on the bottom of the overflow as you mentioned. Did you ever do this? Curious to see what you think of this setup.

Hi yes i now have one 350 at the top and one at the bottom. i set them to offset antisync gyre mode and it works great. i have them just anti sync periodically for 40mins at 100% for 1 min each way. this pushs all the detritis to the lower one when its off and when it start it just obliterates the det and reverse cycles it to the overflow.
regards

Back