Pentair 40w Smart UV plumbing question

para306

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing my sump plumbing and was hoping that someone with a Pentair 40w Smart UV sterilizer could tell me the measurement from the center of the input to the center of the output. I have been searching for days for this measurement and there is nothing online or on their website. My tank just started to cycle and I will be buying it next month and don’t want to wait to do my plumbing. Please help if you can!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9C065364-7955-4F1A-8263-6223E7ED1D7D.jpeg

5150E6C9-35FF-4FA5-8627-39F00BDD4EC9.jpeg

It’s amazing the help you can get on R2R. Lol. I have one installed on my tank, and have another sitting in the garage ready for the second tank. So I went out there and took a picture for you. From the center of the input hole to the center of the output hole is 34 1/2 inches. I don’t know whether you want to do what I did, and use flexible silicone hose, but it is very forgiving wherever you place the holes in your stand. Best wishes. (And the mounting brackets from BRS are excellent!)

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you know it's not leaking with that bucket setup it's a good time TO (FIRST make sure your pump is submerged with one gallon in the bucket and THEN) ... fill the 5 gal bucket and RUN at desired pump speed and then while running fill the bucket to the top again and get a second bucket marked at 4 gal and time how long it takes to fill then stick hose back in bucket w pump. You can now figure the gph loss from the uv alone to properly set flow.. the other steps are just to make sure the pump doesnt run dry

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back