People are starting to post pics of their BCBF 2024 hauls! Meanwhile I’m…..(fill in the blank)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 1.20.58 PM.png

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm debating making a list or just going with a box. What are all of your favorites?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm just now realizing that a lot of these vendors have had "pre"sales leading up to what will now be an actual sale for Black Friday of course, that's on the heels of even more previous sales, those of which were on the heels of previous sales. curious. what do you guys think about that honestly? I mean is it even a sale at that point?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just now realizing that a lot of these vendors have had "pre"sales leading up to what will now be an actual sale for Black Friday of course, that's on the heels of even more previous sales, those of which were on the heels of previous sales. curious. what do you guys think about that honestly? I mean is it even a sale at that point?
Most BF Sales are overrated in my experience. But when you have been holding out to get that "high ticket" item maybe its worth it. It's all psychological as far as I'm concerned.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then followed by the post black Friday winter holiday extravaganza blowout event of the season.
Noo-psych lights are on sale from mid January till black Friday. After that it's "full price". No that's not a sale they just raised their prices.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's just the illusion of a "sale". If they can make people think they are getting a deal, then the Reefers will spend more because "It's such a good deal". In reality, it is just regular prices, mostly.

Last edited:

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new reefer this phenomenon has been the most disappointing aspect of Black Friday week so far. I have checked out most of the "Black Friday" sales from coral vendors and their "discounted" price is essentially normal pricing since they just mark up the coral to some insane price and sleep a 25% - 80% discount on top. These are often sites which seem to have their livestock permanently discounted.

There are also the auction-oriented vendors who have their stock of auction items listed at an inflated regular price so it looks like the auctions starting at $1 are a great deal. Those auctions are often a legitimately good deal but I doubt many buy the regular price items.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new reefer this phenomenon has been the most disappointing aspect of Black Friday week so far. I have checked out most of the "Black Friday" sales from coral vendors and their "discounted" price is essentially normal pricing since they just mark up the coral to some insane price and sleep a 25% - 80% discount on top. These are often sites which seem to have their livestock permanently discounted.
Excited Lets Go GIF

Yup. This practice is really annoying. I've stopped buying from vendors that do this.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a part of live sales and shopped during "sales" and for the most part now I'm just not into it. Either they have changed or it's me. Possibly me. Either way I do want some more coral but I don't even want to pick them, I'm literally just gonna go mystery picks or battlebox or whatnot. Doin' it.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back