Peppermint shrimp + BTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter dvgyfresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dvgyfresh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
5,444
Reaction score
9,562
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all ,
I recently purchased a peppermint shrimp because I have a little bit of aptasia plus my girl loves shrimps, seems like a win win. However, after buying the shrimp I noticed one of my BTAs now has a couple of holes in a group of tentacles...

Am I crazy for thinking the shrimp now has a taste for BTAs?? It’s a very small shrimp right now and I can’t believe it would go after my nem which is like 20x it’s size.

Should I banish the shrimp to sump ? This seemed like it happen overnight I keep a lot of food available so I wouldn’t think the shrimp is starving
 
Also I have emerald crabs / clown fish that host the BTA in question , the shrimp must’ve caught them off duty smh
 
I've had peppermints go after a BTAs before, even with a clown present, so i wouldn't put it past any of them to try. That's why I only keep cleaner shrimp now...
 
I've had peppermints go after a BTAs before, even with a clown present, so i wouldn't put it past any of them to try. That's why I only keep cleaner shrimp now...
Well looks like he will be banished to my sump , hopefully no more damage because I have to wait until my tank move to take him put
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new