Peppermint shrimp eating my torch

SolarReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2022
Messages
59
Reaction score
12
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just purchased a torch coral, put it in the tank and immediately my peppermint shrimp came over and looked like he was ripping the heads apart. What’s going on? It’s an expensive coral and I don’t want to lose it. Do I remove the shrimp?
 
Get rid of the shrimp…peppermint shrimp are iffy when it comes to corals…had one for about 2 days and went after my torch…he is no longer in the tank
 
Yeah I’m going to move him into the sump
 
All my various shrimp look like they are attacking my corals from time to time but they are just picking off microfauna and other tiny food particles that might be there. I've had no coral losses due to shrimp.
 
Threw it into the back of my aio
I get that but when you witness the shrimp with actual pieces of coral tucked in his mouth,it gone from the tank
he gone. Resides in the back of the aio now
 
I have personally seen peppermint shrimp completely demolish two healthy heads of blastomussa overnight right after they were added to the tank. I say they were healthy because they miraculously regrew the lost tissue from the faintest florescent scraps, since I'd decided to let the frag stay in the tank to see what happens. Some crazy regeneration.
 
I’ve had them eat coral. Including a torch. 6 of them ripping it apart after lights out. And I bought the supposedly reef safe ones from live aquaria. And the tank had aiptasia.
 
Hello I just purchased a torch coral, put it in the tank and immediately my peppermint shrimp came over and looked like he was ripping the heads apart. What’s going on? It’s an expensive coral and I don’t want to lose it. Do I remove the shrimp?
A reason I dont allow Peppermints, leather filefish or emerald crabs in my tanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new