Peppermint shrimp eating very expensive coral

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this frogspawn coral a week ago from my lfs. Very expensive and today when I was looking at my tank when light were off I saw that my peppermint shrimp was bothering my frogspawn a lot. That explained why my coral wasn’t open as much as I saw it in the store. What should I do to stop this??

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this happen to me with every kind of shrimp I’ve had except my pistol shrimp. All 3 cleaner shrimp and 4 peppermint been banished from display permanently. I have even started removing my crabs due to same things like stealing food from corals mouths Tearing them and sleeping on top of Corals causing them to not open over time

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why I dont buy Peppermints as well as emerald crabs.
I trust a politician more than I trust these guys

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm having this issue with a peppermint shrimp too. How do catch the little bugger as I want him out too!
I used a 2 liter bottle. Take cap off and cut all around bottle about 3 inches from top then turn it around and stick top portion back into bottle backwards. Put small amount o food in there. With top of bottle in backwards it’s now concave shaped for shrimp to crawl into but once in bottle now hard for them to find way out

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now my next newest issue is my blue tang and chevron tang are grazing on top of my corals looking for food and taking flesh off them and spit it out to move to the next spot to graze. Smh

Last edited:

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple

greengoddessgrilledshrimp8.jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed they primarily only go after euphyllia when they notice the euphyllia already stressed. You can try to move the frogspawn to a different location because peppermints tend to stay in their general area.

I had a hammer fall off a rock and it fell upside down and I watched them devour it in seconds. Purple and green tips were everywhere. So I got a hawkfish and problem was solved in about 5 days. But they will eat other inverts so research well.

33D89E60-7F47-4F56-954A-E9B56AB119E1.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back