Peppermint Shrimp Larvae and Adults

MobileGoat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2025
Messages
30
Reaction score
22
Location
Newfoundland
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it best to remove the adult Peppermint Shrimp after they release their larvae?

I currently have a segregated adult which is holding eggs and I was wondering if leaving the adult could remain in the rearing tank?

This is my first attempt, so I am not expecting an outstanding yield but I wanted to give it the effort so that I could start learning for future spawns.

The answer to this question would also aid me in my plans weather to do a species only tank and simply allow the adults to release in the main tank. However perhaps this approach would not be favorable for raising larvae no matter and a rearing tank is the best approach.

Thanks,
 
I think this thread will answer your breeding questions :D
 
Is it best to remove the adult Peppermint Shrimp after they release their larvae?

I currently have a segregated adult which is holding eggs and I was wondering if leaving the adult could remain in the rearing tank?

This is my first attempt, so I am not expecting an outstanding yield but I wanted to give it the effort so that I could start learning for future spawns.

The answer to this question would also aid me in my plans weather to do a species only tank and simply allow the adults to release in the main tank. However perhaps this approach would not be favorable for raising larvae no matter and a rearing tank is the best approach.

Thanks,
I have had good success breeding peppermint shrimp. Took me a little while to get my protocol dialed in, but now I yield 150ish per batch.

The answer to your question is remove more or less straight away. Best success if you remove within hours of spawning.

Heads up, rearing them is hard and labour intensive - it’s worth it for the sense of achievement and to alliviate the pressure on wild populations, but it’s hard to keep them alive ! Good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new