Percs spawning under mags

Frank SM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you read Joyce Wilkerson's book on Clownfish, it will become apparent why you've had no survivors. It is my Go To book on clownfish. It may be slightly outdated now, but much of the information remains very relevant.

OP
OP
garygb

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you read Joyce Wilkerson's book on Clownfish, it will become apparent why you've had no survivors. It is my Go To book on clownfish. It may be slightly outdated now, but much of the information remains very relevant.
I have that book. I've had it many years. But, I haven't looked it in a long time. I should get it out and look at it. Thanks for suggesting it.

Frank SM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially, the fry need access to rotifers at a defined concentration so they don't starve. That concentration is nearly impossible in a display tank setting. There are 2 approaches - remove the eggs and hatch them in your fry tank or catch the fry and transfer them to your fry tank. After metamorphosis, you can move them to a grow out tank. All of this requires monitoring of ammonia, the correct density of the right food at the right size, constant temperature, correct light intensity for the correct number of hours, and the list goes on. All of this makes it nearly impossible for fry to survive in a display tank - not to mention fry are a delicious snack for any other livestock in the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back