Perfect harmony??

Gordi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, following on from whatever happened a couple of months ago which involved the death of my mandarin, a clownfish, a pyjama cardinal (all very sad) and the Royal Dottyback ( hang out the bunting, it's time for a celebration!!) I restocked with a few newbies. Now the 50 gallon corner tank has two springer damsels, two common clowns, a Royal Gramma, a red firefish and a Court Jester goby all living in perfect harmony.
My question is, as none of these will grow above 3 inches, is there room for a couple more. If so what would you recommend??

Attachments

• VID_20220727_180911.mp4
    36 MB

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bioload-wise, you might be able to add a couple more, but you're going to have to be very careful about territory.

You could see if you can get a skilletfish. They aren't aggressive and shouldn't cause any territorial spats, but they do eat anything that they can fit in their rather large mouths, so they need to be kept away from tiny fish and small shrimp.

A watchman goby or shrimpgoby should stay under the rocks, out of the way of everyone else. Might be worth considering.

Keep in mind that fish often become more aggressive as they mature. Doesn't look like your clowns are adults yet, so they might start causing some problems, as could your damselfish.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back