Perimeters

Beyon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question, I will preference this by saying that I'm 2 yrs into my reef and still feel that I don't know anything. But I was testing my reef this morning and discovered that my calcium was at 580 but my dkh was at 8 , my phosphate was at .25 and my nitrate was at 20ppm. I thought calcium and dkh were directly related, am I wrong ? My ph was 7.8 also. Is the calcium to high for a mixed reef ? I have zoas, lettuce, duncan, I just moved a couple of hammers and 2 lobo in there this morning due to the phosphate in my other tank was at 4ppm. I also blastos and gorgonian, a couple of sticks and an entrusting coral .

OP
OP
Beyon

Beyon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question, I will preference this by saying that I'm 2 yrs into my reef and still feel that I don't know anything. But I was testing my reef this morning and discovered that my calcium was at 580 but my dkh was at 8 , my phosphate was at .25 and my nitrate was at 20ppm. I thought calcium and dkh were directly related, am I wrong ? My ph was 7.8 also. Is the calcium to high for a mixed reef ? I have zoas, lettuce, duncan, I just moved a couple of hammers and 2 lobo in there this morning due to the phosphate in my other tank was at 4ppm. I also blastos and gorgonian, a couple of sticks and an entrusting coral .
I also don't chase numbers , I chase stability. But if I notice a problem I do test at that time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back