Perpermint shrimp ate my Frogspawn I think

I have a peppermint in my tank with a frogspawn. I've never had it touch my frogspawn.
 
Peppermint shrimp are evil. After having my peppermint shrimp for many months they decided one day to start eating all my mini-maxi anemones, then they moved on to LPS. It makes no difference how often you feed them, some just go rouge. These were not camel shrimp. Peppermint sometimes just become opportunistic feeders. Look around on forums, there are tons of reports of peppermints shrimp eating LPS.
 
Last edited:
They will definently try to eat any food that lands on it...and can get mad and rip the heads off...but eat it...nawwwww
 
My peppermint shrimp ate acans and blastos, so I moved them to a fish-only tank. Remember that these shrimp eat a variety of things, including anemones. If they find something edible, they will go for it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new