Perry's 90 Gallon SCA Acro Upgrade

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I would say that the rating specs are a bit under what manufacturer indicates, it should be a perfect match... If you were close to me, I would sell ya mine, lol.. Best of luck my friend :)
Thank you!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A closer view into the display. The reboot on this system started back in January this year. Battlecorals 17 piece Battlebox kicked off the reboot, which paved the way to a healthy biome. Hard to believe a rock pile with sticks has become a young reef :)

20220904_215441.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry the tank is looking flat out awesome! It is really filling out nicely you should show some closer pics of each bommie.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A closer view into the display. The reboot on this system started back in January this year. Battlecorals 17 piece Battlebox kicked off the reboot, which paved the way to a healthy biome. Hard to believe a rock pile with sticks has become a young reef :)

20220904_215441.jpg
Awesome man! Can’t wait to get some sps going again! Got a few little kinks left to work out and it’s on! I was just peeping out @Battlecorals page! They got a nice inventory!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry the tank is looking flat out awesome! It is really filling out nicely you should show some closer pics of each bommie.

Tim,
As per request, a few cell phone pics, probably break out the DSLR(Cannon t3) over the weekend. It's a process, lol :)
Right side
20221014_155315.jpg

Left side
20221014_155324.jpg

Center shot down the valley
20221014_155345.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man! Can’t wait to get some sps going again! Got a few little kinks left to work out and it’s on! I was just peeping out @Battlecorals page! They got a nice inventory!

A Battlebox is a great way to get things going, awesome shipping, pe out the bag, and chunky colorful corals, even shipped! You won't be disappointed, Adam takes great pride in what he does :)

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those acros are packed in Perry soon enough you won't see any rock! Looks great!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those acros are packed in Perry soon enough you won't see any rock! Looks great!

I believe it's 57 different acros at this point, technique is being tested. Going from frags to mini-colonies, you can begin to visualize future growth, which in many cases requires moving pieces around a bit. Because of the reboot vision being acro focused, I decided to not keep certain corals, mainly stags. This is my first tank without a green slimer, lol. Most of everything in the tank is planted on rubble, this allows moving corals to the best possible location. There are larger rock pieces with several corals, but I try to keep at least a fist between planting. This has allowed me to balance colors well. The tank is somewhat themed. A milli garden, tenuis garden, and several scattered smoothies occupy the bottom of the reef, giving all of them the desired lighting and flow. I have around 6 months to a year before the bone cutters see regular use. Some corals already cut, as I have been long cycling a 30g nuvo long, this will hold desirable back ups from the DT as well as frags. No hurry at all, I love watching acros beginning to stack :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good there Perry. Do you find that the smoothies grow s-l-o-w-e-r than most others? My experience is limited but that seemed to be the case for mine.

Hey Scott!
Thank you for the kind words :)
I have found that in general, the majority of the smoothies do grow slower. Of course, the Hawkins Echinata, which is probably a Turaki, as well as my other Turaki's do grow pretty fast. The Granulosa seem slowest for me, the Jaw Dropper same thing.
This is just fine, I am not trying to grow anything faster than the system allows. I am trying to decide what I am going to do when the 36" cube lagoon arrives. Everything will fit from the current tank, but I may just isolate smoothies to their own system. Hmmmm....

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!
Time for an update!
Or should I say updates!!!
1. FTS for February- Tank continues to mature, and despite the fact that I have a new tank on order, this tank will continue to run as is. I will slowly deconstruct the tank moving over everything to the 3 foot IM cube lagoon, which will run BB. My tank is completely modular, so I can do this without issue. So, update 2....
20230218_160219.jpg

2. 112 gallon 36x36x20" tank ordered in early January! This will be a BB display, and will be lit by 8 t5's with 2 reefbars. The tank will be plumbed from my living room into my Reef Studio. This leads me to update 3.

3. If you have read this far, you know about some personal losses that I have had, which ties into this update. Since losing Cindy, my garage converted room, which was Cindy's hair studio, sadly became a "catch all" room. Many of her personal things were stored in there, in limbo, waiting for me to get off my ****. Finally, I decided to address the personables, and clean the room. After several weeks of removing furniture, bags, boxes, and other stuff, I have my canvas. The beginning of a new journey, a reefers dream, my equipment room/reef studio.
20230212_185232.jpg

Of course there will be more to come, but the room has been envisioned, and next, I will create a thread about my Reef Studio and systems! This room will also have heavy amount of plant life decorating the massive windows!

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the weekends if you want some help I am more than willing to come out and help you. I am moving to a house in Deland area within the next month. At which time I will probably upgrade to a slightly larger system.

That being said,I will be close and can come and help. I am also a plumber so I can help with plumbing yours systems.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the weekends if you want some help I am more than willing to come out and help you. I am moving to a house in Deland area within the next month. At which time I will probably upgrade to a slightly larger system.

That being said,I will be close and can come and help. I am also a plumber so I can help with plumbing yours systems.

AWESOME Steve!!!
That would very so helpful!
Of course I can always pay yoy back with frags ;)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back