Perseverance Reef

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of which I need to catch up on your build thread. I’m making 15 gallons of RO/DI in 3 buckets so I’ll be up a while. I am going to get a brute trash can soon but for now I have to do what I have to do.
Not sure if you’re referring to my or @Fish Styx build. I presume you are referring to his. Otherwise, you’ll have a heck of a time finding mine!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I would have caught up on your build thread but you don’t have one it seems. I hope you start one eventually.
Posted at the exact same time. <cue Twilight Zone music>

OP
OP
Fishy888

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you’re referring to my or @Fish Styx build. I presume you are referring to his. Otherwise, you’ll have a heck of a time finding mine!
I found out the hard way. lol

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I would have caught up on your build thread @crusso1993 but you don’t have one it seems. I hope you start one eventually.
This, too, is my hope. It’sa long story but most of mine usually are long.

3:33 here and heading to the rest zone. Have yourself a merry little Thursday morning.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since the upgrade I feed my lps with this:

it's a game changer.

OP
OP
Fishy888

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RBTA looks better and more colorful each day. I took a video about 20 minutes after the lights went out for the night.

The first night, as soon as the lights went out, the anemone kept opening and closing until the lights came back on.The second and third night it closed up the moment the lights went out and stayed that way until the lights were on again. Tonight the RBTA was still open 20 minutes after the lights went out.

The duncans’ 2 baby polyps both have some tentacles now. They’re basically stubs now but within a few weeks they’ll be longer and more numerous.

I’ve been dosing LaCl for the last 3 days including today. I’ve dropped phosphates a total of 0.16 ppm in that time including today. My phosphates just got way too high. Even though my checker shows lower levels of phosphates there’s plenty still in the rock. The reality is that my phosphates were likely north of 0.25 ppm. Considering how quickly algae was growing on the glass each day I know my phosphates were higher than the checker could detect. The algae was consuming it all. I’m going to quit dosing it because I do want SOME phosphates. I like to be around 0.07 ppm to 0.1 ppm. I’ll need more phosphates when I get more corals but until then I want to keep phosphates close to the above range.

Starting at 11 PM last night I made 4 buckets of RO/DI. I dumped the first bucket worth and then made another bucket which I used to top off the system. After that I made 3 more buckets worth. I finished at 7:30 this morning. I’m going to make more RO/DI tomorrow and get salt mixing because I’m doing a 25% water change. Now that I have my own RO/DI system I’m going to do a 25% water change at least once every 2 weeks.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IF you have shut off valves on all 3 points of unit ,shut when done ,do not have to waste that start water,JME... :)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
moist and full are different, I can leave "closed"for a week or so, turn on 0-1 to 0 in less than a minute.

OP
OP
Fishy888

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
moist and full are different, I can leave "closed"for a week or so, turn on 0-1 to 0 in less than a minute.
Cool. I need to order a couple more shutoff valves. I already have one after the DI. I need one for the waste water end and the incoming line. I also need new seals so I’ll order those and the valves at the same time.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The RBTA looks better and more colorful each day. I took a video about 20 minutes after the lights went out for the night.

The first night, as soon as the lights went out, the anemone kept opening and closing until the lights came back on.The second and third night it closed up the moment the lights went out and stayed that way until the lights were on again. Tonight the RBTA was still open 20 minutes after the lights went out.

The duncans’ 2 baby polyps both have some tentacles now. They’re basically stubs now but within a few weeks they’ll be longer and more numerous.

I’ve been dosing LaCl for the last 3 days including today. I’ve dropped phosphates a total of 0.16 ppm in that time including today. My phosphates just got way too high. Even though my checker shows lower levels of phosphates there’s plenty still in the rock. The reality is that my phosphates were likely north of 0.25 ppm. Considering how quickly algae was growing on the glass each day I know my phosphates were higher than the checker could detect. The algae was consuming it all. I’m going to quit dosing it because I do want SOME phosphates. I like to be around 0.07 ppm to 0.1 ppm. I’ll need more phosphates when I get more corals but until then I want to keep phosphates close to the above range.

Starting at 11 PM last night I made 4 buckets of RO/DI. I dumped the first bucket worth and then made another bucket which I used to top off the system. After that I made 3 more buckets worth. I finished at 7:30 this morning. I’m going to make more RO/DI tomorrow and get salt mixing because I’m doing a 25% water change. Now that I have my own RO/DI system I’m going to do a 25% water change at least once every 2 weeks.

I was looking at my Duncan at lights out last night - I've got like 5 little baby polyps.

OP
OP
Fishy888

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RBTA is a bit more expanded this morning and not gaping like it was the last few days. Of course I want to see it not gaping at all but there’s been steady improvement. It’s not going to be long before the mouth closes again as long as I keep things stable.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah not working... ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah not working... ;)
It's working just fine, Frank. It's a private video. To view it you have to be a member of a special club and you and I are not part of the club. ;)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back