Personal review of the new MP40wQD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice write up Randy and have peaked my interest enough here to actively search out a working model once on display out my way. In general I have not been a fan of Ecotech products as do not buy into any hype marketing and was not impressed with the build quality or design of the 1st generation MP40 I had. Seems these new generation pumps may actually meet expectations of a product at this price point so will keep an open mind when giving the once over. I'm curious to see if they have upgraded the drive magnets or not, to Neodymium would be a sure improvement to go along with upgraded electronics of Driver. If you'd prefer my comments to not be here in this thread just pm me and I'll delete them.

Cheers, Todd

Hey Todd, I had a pair of the first gen MP 40's, (5+ years ago) and hated the noise they made. I could really hear them above all my other equipment and water noise.
But last year I bought one to try out and have been impressed on how much the motor noise has been lessened.
Now if they are saying that the new Quiet Drive pumps are even quieter, then they have done something IMO.
Plus with them being $100 cheaper. +++++

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Todd, I had a pair of the first gen MP 40's, (5+ years ago) and hated the noise they made. I could really hear them above all my other equipment and water noise.
But last year I bought one to try out and have been impressed on how much the motor noise has been lessened.
Now if they are saying that the new Quiet Drive pumps are even quieter, then they have done something IMO.
Plus with them being $100 cheaper. +++++

^^^ Nothing but truth here IMO, Todd! Come to the dark-side TJ's Reef .....The dark-sided VorTech driver, that is. (It's a stretch, I know.) :xd:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back