Personifier angel-3 inch

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had him for 3 wks in Qt. Over the last week he has been shaking his head vigorously. Have treated with Prazi. Gave him fresh water bath but only for a couple of minutes as he was really stressing out. No flukes in the fresh water. If its not gill flukes what can be making him shake his heads and flap his gills? I did start general cure treatment this morning as a precaution. I have a cocktail of metro, nitrofuracin and kanoplex at the ready if someone thinks it might be bacterial.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Possibly nothinyyoure treating for and sounds more like protozoan in which gills are inflamed hence the head shaking
Give it freshwater bath and go with either copper or MEDIC by polyp labs

OP
OP
Flame2hawk

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave the personifier a freshwater dip and I had to take him out after 2 /12 minutes as he was stressing. Now he’s doing the kiss of death move....Head pointing up and tail down while swimming and breathing rapidly.....Haven't seen many survive when they start doing that.....:(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flame2hawk

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PERSONIFIER LIVES....JUST ATE LIVE BRINE SHRIMP soaked in Selcon!. Looks like what he had was bacterial. The combo of Nitrofuracin green (NFG), KanoPlex and Metro seems to be working! One for the good guys!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back