Pest feather dusters?

GeorgeC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my tank has been doing really well however all of sudden I have noticed A TON of these really small pests that looks like small feather dusters but I am not sure what they are, there are tons of them living among my zoos and on my euphyllia skeletons. They don't seem to be harming the corals in anyway but I kinda wanna get rid of them I guess for aesthetic reasons. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

tempImageGsUsO5.png tempImageFln2j1.png tempImage7YrIym.png tempImagepcUiD2.png

BrianPoni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump on this. I have these same worms and they crawl under zoa flesh and bother them. If anybody knows what dip is best to kill them on frags. Would love the .02, thanks all

Aaronious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump.

Been looking, this is still the closest thing to what I have in my tank. Very new tank, right about the month mark. Yes there is a Zao, this was a test on a theory as I come from planted tank background and is working wonderfully. My first tank too. But... I still can't tell or find out what these are. They are now obviously multiplying but don't seem to both the Zao too much.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump.

Been looking, this is still the closest thing to what I have in my tank. Very new tank, right about the month mark. Yes there is a Zao, this was a test on a theory as I come from planted tank background and is working wonderfully. My first tank too. But... I still can't tell or find out what these are. They are now obviously multiplying but don't seem to both the Zao too much.
They are feather dusters, harmless filter feeders. They are technically worms.

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These might be hydroids.. there are numerous threads about them, but generally once you see a rock with them crawling over it - it's best to nuke the whole piece straight away,,

Hydroids should not cause harm - but they can be invasive..

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are indeed feather dusters, they've never bothered anything for me, and this many growing is usually a sign of a healthy ecosystem.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back