Pest Free Live Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harpo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Good afternoon, everyone,

Where can I find pest free live rock? Does this even exist?

Thanks

David
I am following this to see how it is answered. I am under the impression there is no such thing, at least by definition. The purpose of adding a live rock is to add many types of organisms which is thought to be beneficial.
The bad ones/pests/weeds are removed.
 
If you are looking for aiptasia free live rock then go with KP Aquatics. I have bought from him 3 years (2020, 2021 & 2022) in a row and no aiptasia
 
All joking aside....
This was my order from KP last year.

IMG_20240417_180812.jpg

The creatures I didn't want were a handful of ruby crabs, pencil urchins, fire worms, and a lone shrimp with a bad attitude. They were all easy to remove and perform well in the sump.
I did make a small order with TBS last month for an idiotic project I'm doing outta boredom and let's just say it didn't go well. I'm just glad my trash guys didn't call the sheriff after smelling that box. So I can't really attest to the critters outta the bay. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new