OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MONTI eating nudies, never seen this first hand but I am guessing there is a loss in the the coloration of the corals and it looks like it is reciding?
I had some come in a colony, oddly enough, they have a taste for purple caps. Betadine, at 3ml/litre worked well to get rid of them.

3ml of betadine to/ 1 liter of saltwater?? How long did you dip?

OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Good Info

I really wish this is what we could have accomplished but wiht input from everyone we all know that in this hobby what works for one doesn't work for everyone! SO please if you got some info post it! I will be postin my battle with Monti Nudies soon!! W/ pic no Macros of Nudies thought I am not that good at photography.

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

naturebat

Toad Licker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MONTI eating nudies, never seen this first hand but I am guessing there is a loss in the the coloration of the corals and it looks like it is reciding?

3ml of betadine to/ 1 liter of saltwater?? How long did you dip?
3ml/L of tankwater is correct, I dipped for about a half hour every 4 or 5 days, for 3 to 4 weeks, withh all suspected Monti's in QT. If the monti's seemed stressed from dipping, I would lay off on the dipping regime for a week and allow for some recovery. My only total loss was an Idaho grape, but I had 6 or 7 other good sized colonies that were unaffected. Taking to Greg Hiller at the Boston Reefers, he made mention of the monti eating nudi's taste for purple caps and suggested the dipping regime. He also suggested first dipping the affected colony and it's immediate neighbors and not doing the whole tank.

OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY NUDIES experiance!!

OK well to be honest I am not sure where the heck theses boys came from but they were really putting a dent in my CAPs! I have a felling that the SIX line wrasse and some other wrasse were naturally keeping to the point where thay were never a problem? But the six line I had up and gone one day and a solar Fairy ended up on the floor:(

SO any ways here we go! I added a few droppers full of Lugals Iodine to 2-3 gallons of saltwater in a 5 G bucket, had another saltwater bucket next to it and 3 styros full of tank salt water. i removed ever type of monti in the tank a few at a time what ever would fit in the 5 G bucket, left them in there got awhile at least 10-15 min each time! I would then pull them out and inspect and scub all over the enfected area with a tooth brush a dunk them in and out of the Iodine water I also scrub the rock they were on to try to get all there eggs? THen they would be swished around in the clean salt bucket for a min or so and placed into the stryo box, I did this with every piece so far only once? I have boight a new sixline and was a skinny little guy the day I bought him and I haven't feed him at ALL and he is a chubby guy now! I am planing on buying a African Radient wrasse and a yellow or green coris very soon also! I would never have a tank again with out at least 1 Six line wrasse!!
Here are some pics of my process and the corals?
Superman in styro
DSC01253.jpg

XMAS
DSC01259.jpg

Dino
DSC01262.jpg

M.cptita
DSC01251.jpg

Confusa? I think?
DSC01250.jpg

Spongodies
DSC01249.jpg

Idaho Grape
DSC01247.jpg

Green Cap
DSC01246.jpg

Tools
DSC01242.jpg

I would have used Tropic Marine Pro Coral Cure if I had some also!!

naturebat

Toad Licker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see one in the first picture(it looks like it almost has small "wings" that move with the current), with that creeping naked tissue usually from the outside working it's way to the center.
nu.jpg

OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see one in the first picture(it looks like it almost has small "wings" that move with the current), with that creeping naked tissue usually from the outside working it's way to the center.
nu.jpg

Good Eye Bro, you no what sucks is that he is in the After math Stryo going back in the TANK!!:( :( :( :mad: :mad:

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back