Petco $1.00 per gallon sale

Blindzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Anyone know when Petco will be having their $1.00 per gallon sale? Wanting to pick up a tank and make it a sump.
TIA...

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t say I’ve seen the $1 per gallon sale in a couple years. It seems they have switched to 50% off most tanks (up to 75 gallons I think?) and that sale was running just a couple weeks back but it may have ended as I don’t see it on the website any more

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have them every ~3 months, but they’re a half price sale these days rather than $1/gallon, which is still a great deal on new tanks.

The wrapped one up a few weeks ago, I’d assume next one is december.

If you’re fitting out a new tank and need all the gear note that they tend to do their equipment and salt sales (with similar levels of discount) in between their tank sales, so the next few weeks should see good offers for buying power heads, heaters, salt, etc.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a petco close to me anymore closest is 45min away. Happened to be in the area late aug or early september the had the sale going $1/ gallon up to a 20g and 50% off anything up to 75g. I think the 40b was $60 or $70. didnt have room for it and went back the next weekend sale was over.

OP
OP
Blindzy

Blindzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have them every ~3 months, but they’re a half price sale these days rather than $1/gallon, which is still a great deal on new tanks.

The wrapped one up a few weeks ago, I’d assume next one is december.

If you’re fitting out a new tank and need all the gear note that they tend to do their equipment and salt sales (with similar levels of discount) in between their tank sales, so the next few weeks should see good offers for buying power heads, heaters, salt, etc.
Perfect!

Just need a 20 high for a sump. I do need salt also though.

tjtax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you sign up for Petco’s Vital Care ($10 per month) they give you $5 of in store credit every month and 15% off almost all purchases. The 15% off is even available when their tanks are on sale for 50% off.

ReefLegends

For all your phyto, rotifer and copepods needs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Petco offers 50% of select aquarium sizes. Like the $1 per gallon sale you still have to pay taxes on the original full amount. The next 50% off sale should be November or December of this year, they do the 50% off sale twice per year. I want to say the last one was May-June.

ReefLegends

For all your phyto, rotifer and copepods needs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was going to post yesterday, I met a local fish nerd at the parking lot of petco and the 50% off sale has started again. You still have to pay tax on the original price, so be prepared for double the tax.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to post yesterday, I met a local fish nerd at the parking lot of petco and the 50% off sale has started again. You still have to pay tax on the original price, so be prepared for double the tax.
I don’t think so

Buford25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth I stopped by my local Petco today and asked. She said it’s no longer a dollar per gallon but 50% off as mentioned. She believes the sales starts tomorrow. I plan on swinging in and seeing what’s up. She also mention rimless tanks were part of the sale this year. It’s been awhile since I took advantage of the sale so not sure if the tankless is new or not. They have stocked up on tanks so it could be true.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back