Petco filter floss

Necrodaemus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2022
Messages
517
Reaction score
335
Location
Ashland
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I had been using the cheap bags of Poly Fil from Walmart in a filter cup but it has been occasionally causing my skimmer to go nuts and overflow (phenols?). I'm really trying to avoid using socks for every day filtration so I was looking at other options. Came across this at Petco and wondering if anyone has any experience with it being "cleaner" and not causing skimmers to go into erupting volcano mode. Screenshot_20241210_114149_Chrome.jpg
 
I had been using the cheap bags of Poly Fil from Walmart in a filter cup but it has been occasionally causing my skimmer to go nuts and overflow (phenols?). I'm really trying to avoid using socks for every day filtration so I was looking at other options. Came across this at Petco and wondering if anyone has any experience with it being "cleaner" and not causing skimmers to go into erupting volcano mode. Screenshot_20241210_114149_Chrome.jpg
I use it, its fine, I dont use skimmer, but with my tank, its fine
 
I don't use that particular filter floss but I do use a aquarium-specific filter floss and there's no foaminess.

I also clean the floss with a battery powered portable pressure washer and reuse it.
 
I don't use that particular filter floss but I do use a aquarium-specific filter floss and there's no foaminess.

I also clean the floss with a battery powered portable pressure washer and reuse it.
At this price, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the input.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new