Petco Score! Nice Clownfish!

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea the silicone job sucks lol on the tetra, from what i was told by a few people there known for leaking very quickly.

really? didnt know that. wish I wouldve stocked up, when they had the aqueons. I only bought 5 or 6. why would they switch, aside from cost savings?

And on to the OT, i would agree, picasso. that was my first thought, when I saw the pic. should hopefully color up nicely as it ages.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my petco also has picassos. they were originally $49.99, but are marked down to $24.99. i talked to one of the workers and he said they don't sell, so they drop the price.

Jawbreaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At times my Petco gets picassos in labeled as Percs and will sell them as labeled, because thats what they paid for it.....

OP
OP
N

Nonamejames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with that. Sometimes they get perculas and if you are there at the right time you get pick of the litter. In this case they had them labeled as skunk clowns for 10.99 so I couldn't pass it up.

Sicklid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390513333.725691.jpg

I got this ice snowflake for $60 at Petco too. I think it was a good deal.
He is pretty healthy and eats like a pig!!

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really? didnt know that. wish I wouldve stocked up, when they had the aqueons. I only bought 5 or 6. why would they switch, aside from cost savings?

And on to the OT, i would agree, picasso. that was my first thought, when I saw the pic. should hopefully color up nicely as it ages.

have no clue on why they changed the brands but there dumb for doing it imo.

thejoshdavis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local Petco is stocking ORA fish now. Tanks look clean and they will feed the fish for you, show you when they arrived, etc. I had a very good experience during my last visit. This dude was $18.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new one right by me - my tank is sitting empty still - but I thought the selection looked nice. I picked up a few tanks (aqueon ones) during the sale - 20 QT, 40 Breeder for frag tank and 29 to build a sump for a buddy.

CoralReefLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed a Purple Tang from there for $65. Nice fish is growing great with good color. I ordered some fish online from them once and they arrived dead two days after it was supposed to ship in a bag that was 110 degrees. Bad experience, they refused to refund my shipping charges. RIP...little saltwater homies.

myownlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Petco near me and a reef shop right across the street and the petco actually puts the reef store to shame on fish. I got an ORA orchid dottyback for 19 dollars.

myownlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend always goes in the day the deliveries come in and ask if they got anything by mistake. He has gotten so many things for so cheap. He got like 10 sexy shrimp for like a dollar each

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend always goes in the day the deliveries come in and ask if they got anything by mistake. He has gotten so many things for so cheap. He got like 10 sexy shrimp for like a dollar each

I didn't even know they carried those. Bet at my local store they'd all get put in the wrong tanks and eaten >.<

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back