Pete's Aquariums??

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is ‘locally’… I have way too many RBTAS!
Do you still have my harlequin tusk
Yes, and that’s exactly what I call it… “my harlequin tusk”!
:)

great fish, boss of the tank, constantly ‘on patrol’… you still have visitation rights!
That’s great to hear I come up to the New York area once a year to go fishing lol

my 540 gallon tank is doing good just big angels and flat base rock and my hundred gallon wave reef tank is packed, I like it

I’ opened up an aquarium cabinet business, in the same building as a guy who makes the large aquarium acrylic tanks

Oldguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyer beware at Chris Coral Care. I did business with him a few times, he's been working out of his house forever. You say one thing the guy doesn't like and he flies off the handle at you like a maniac. You can actually find some of my posts from earlier this year in this thread lol.

He sent me a picture of a common blue acro I didn't want to spend $85 on. I told him thanks I'll pass.... he went off for 30 minutes via text calling me cheap. This was after spending $1500ish total over a period of a couple months and multiple trades. Completely out of the blue. Not someone you want in your home maintaining your stuff.

I'm going to try Aquarium Solutions again soon, I haven't been over there in a bit. Emeliano and his Dad are on the expensive end, but they are nice people at least. These last couple posts are not instilling confidence though. Mikey at Hudson Valley Fish N Reef is who I get my fish from, he buys from the same place Emeliano and Chris do. Unless Emiliano switched to importing direct to save money, which would explain his fish all dying or being diseased. Mikey is exclusively out of his home shop though. He doesn't stock too many fish its usually concierge type service. He sends me a list of fish Sunday, he goes to Merrit Tuesday. If the fish I want is up to his standards of health he delivers to me and whoever else orders fish that day.

I don't get to see the fish first, but he's got a good eye for healthy fish and I quarantine all my fish first anyway so it's of no issue. I've bought probably 20ish fish from him and only lost 3 in quarantine. Merrit supplies some big industry names with livestock (Ocean State Aquatics being a big one), I like purchasing from stores that use them.
He just went nuts on me too...something from years ago that I don't believe happened...
Buyer beware at Chris Coral Care. I did business with him a few times, he's been working out of his house forever. You say one thing the guy doesn't like and he flies off the handle at you like a maniac. You can actually find some of my posts from earlier this year in this thread lol.

He sent me a picture of a common blue acro I didn't want to spend $85 on. I told him thanks I'll pass.... he went off for 30 minutes via text calling me cheap. This was after spending $1500ish total over a period of a couple months and multiple trades. Completely out of the blue. Not someone you want in your home maintaining your stuff.

I'm going to try Aquarium Solutions again soon, I haven't been over there in a bit. Emeliano and his Dad are on the expensive end, but they are nice people at least. These last couple posts are not instilling confidence though. Mikey at Hudson Valley Fish N Reef is who I get my fish from, he buys from the same place Emeliano and Chris do. Unless Emiliano switched to importing direct to save money, which would explain his fish all dying or being diseased. Mikey is exclusively out of his home shop though. He doesn't stock too many fish its usually concierge type service. He sends me a list of fish Sunday, he goes to Merrit Tuesday. If the fish I want is up to his standards of health he delivers to me and whoever else orders fish that day.

I don't get to see the fish first, but he's got a good eye for healthy fish and I quarantine all my fish first anyway so it's of no issue. I've bought probably 20ish fish from him and only lost 3 in quarantine. Merrit supplies some big industry names with livestock (Ocean State Aquatics being a big one), I like purchasing from stores that use them.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back