Pettyjohns Reef making our introduction.

Tazer5000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We would like to make our introduction to Reef2Reef. I've been in the hobby on and off for about 20 years. My family and I for about 8 years.

We currently have a 26 gallon bowfront. I don't know how much liverock for sure but am guessing around 50lbs. Mechanical filtration consists of a Marineland Emperor 400 running two carbon cartridges and Seachem Purigen in one of the media baskets. Tunze9004 protein skimmer running 24 hours a day. Circulation consists of three Sicce Voyager powerheads, two of which are 537 gph and one 2xx gph. Heat is supplied by a 100 watt heater which the brand escapes me. Lighting is an AI HYDRA 26HD. I use the David Saxby preset with lunar schedule on and two hours moonlight before and after.

Inhabitants are one SA occelaris, an ORA onyx snowflake occelaris, two green chromis,a fire shrimp, and a peppermint shrimp. Typical CUC, a few blue leg crabs, a couple turbos, a margarita snail and a brittle star. There is also some Eagle Eye zoanthids, a single palythoa, and a bubble tip anemone.

We bought this tank as a running full setup about three weeks ago. It had some briopsis issues but I believe we have it under control. I test every other day and been close to the same readings using a Red Sea test kit. 9.5Dkh, 8.0-8.3ph, 2-5 ppm nitrate. I don't have a phosphate test yet.

We have a 65 gallon reef-ready tank that we are going to be transferring to in the very near future. We will post a build thread on that.

Please let me know what you think, constructive criticism is welcome.
Thank you from all of us.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
Whats Up Hello GIF by HBO Max

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back