Pgr11's 265 upgrade

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome!! Congrats! I like that you added in your other pets too! :)

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a new toy yesterday. Now we have 2. They are synced together and moving tons of water.

aefe20e5-9e7f-91cf.jpg

aefe20e5-9e94-1e4c.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I really like them. They are pushing alot of water around in the tank

Strgazr27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I noticed 2 things in your first couple of posts though... A check valve and a sump w a pretty high running level. Obviously this isn't your first build but when the check valve fails (And it will at some point) is there enough room in the sump for the extra water that drains back?

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I noticed 2 things in your first couple of posts though... A check valve and a sump w a pretty high running level. Obviously this isn't your first build but when the check valve fails (And it will at some point) is there enough room in the sump for the extra water that drains back?

+1. But I have to say. Awesome tank! Your plumbing looks fantastic! Super jealous! I have a 120 right now and this makes me want a bigger tank.

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the material you used to skin your tank? I need to cover mine as well, but don't want to spend a lot of money on a wood surround.

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the kind words. To answer your question about the drain back if check valve fails yes there is room for the extra water. The system was checked first without the check valve. I also do regular Maint on the valve to keep it in good shape. When it finally is no good I will replace the center portion of it. It makes it nice with the unions on each side and the fact that its clear so I can keep an eye on the flapper.

+1. But I have to say. Awesome tank! Your plumbing looks fantastic! Super jealous! I have a 120 right now and this makes me want a bigger tank.
Thank you. I had a 120 prior to this tank and kept it running next to it while the new tank cycled. It looked so small in comparison. If you ever get the chance to go bigger I say do it.

What is the material you used to skin your tank? I need to cover mine as well, but don't want to spend a lot of money on a wood surround.

Im not sure about the name. My fife go it at walmart in the fabric section. Its black fabric with a water proof backing. I really like it though so all I can say is try wally world. Thanks

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. To answer your question about the drain back if check valve fails yes there is room for the extra water. The system was checked first without the check valve. I also do regular Maint on the valve to keep it in good shape. When it finally is no good I will replace the center portion of it. It makes it nice with the unions on each side and the fact that its clear so I can keep an eye on the flapper.

Thank you. I had a 120 prior to this tank and kept it running next to it while the new tank cycled. It looked so small in comparison. If you ever get the chance to go bigger I say do it.

Im not sure about the name. My fife go it at walmart in the fabric section. Its black fabric with a water proof backing. I really like it though so all I can say is try wally world. Thanks

Thanks. Can you snap a quick pic of it? The pic of it makes it difficult to see the material.

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since the last update. Things have been going real good. Fish are all happy and getting fat. Corals are doing good as well. As I add more im having to adjust in dosing a little. My Alk was a little low but now pretty stable at a little over 9 and my ph 8.1-8.2 . I got a 55w uv that I need to plump into the system but am being lazy about it. I love to watch our tangs swim and interact with each other. The sohal def uses the full length of the tank. She swims so beautifully.

60fbc8e5-59b9-37f1.jpg

60fbc8e5-59c8-bcd8.jpg

60fbc8e5-59d8-dbe3.jpg

60fbc8e5-59ec-f55d.jpg

60fbc8e5-5a02-8e48.jpg

60fbc8e5-5a12-925c.jpg

60fbc8e5-5a39-1ea4.jpg

60fbc8e5-5a4b-1bb4.jpg

60fbc8e5-5a63-c987.jpg

60fbc8e5-5a87-fa84.jpg

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump. want Protagonist to see the light brackets on the back of your stand. we may steal that.

Protagonist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the fittings on your stand that were made for the lighting brackets. Do you have any other pics of your light stand you made? That is a super great idea. I would like to do that for our tank. I was curious, is that just round pipe with a smaller pipe that fits inside of it? and your light hangers are they square tubing with a round flange? Do all of your wires plumb up through the middle of your brackets? Super clean man... I really like.

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the fittings on your stand that were made for the lighting brackets. Do you have any other pics of your light stand you made? That is a super great idea. I would like to do that for our tank. I was curious, is that just round pipe with a smaller pipe that fits inside of it? and your light hangers are they square tubing with a round flange? Do all of your wires plumb up through the middle of your brackets? Super clean man... I really like.

I will get some more pics up after work and answer the questions about it. Thanks

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back