OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the fittings on your stand that were made for the lighting brackets. Do you have any other pics of your light stand you made? That is a super great idea. I would like to do that for our tank. I was curious, is that just round pipe with a smaller pipe that fits inside of it? and your light hangers are they square tubing with a round flange? Do all of your wires plumb up through the middle of your brackets? Super clean man... I really like.

Ok here are some pics sorry I couldn't get the back where they mount to the stand. Where they mount to the stand yes it is round tube inside a smaller round. Also we made some 1" round spacers so we could adjust the height if needed. All you have to do is slide the bracket up slide on the spacer and slide the whole bracket back in. Works perfect once you get the height you will never mess with it but its nice to know that you can if you need to. The actual hanger that holds the lightsthe is square tubing with a slot cut into the middle. This allows us to mount the ais in line. The light hanger is attached to the main beam with a pen n a c clip. This allows the hanger to swing into positions in the back with the round bar in on the front at the hanger. We have rubber caps that cover all the end pieces. The wires can run through the middle of the hangerto and down the back bracket all inside the tubing. Feel free to pee in me and I can give you my cell number if you want to talk about it further.

Edit. For some reason its not letting me upload any pics right now. I can try later

Last edited:

azjohnny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice build, I have a similar stand for my 180 you have and still trying to figure out how I want to skin the stand.

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
476982ca-180a-c819.jpg

476982ca-181c-47dd.jpg

476982ca-182e-32f5.jpg

Pics working now

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice build, I have a similar stand for my 180 you have and still trying to figure out how I want to skin the stand.

We decided to hang a black curtain that has a waterproof backing around it. Works and looks great

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It reduced the sound a ton. My tank runs very quiet. It in the living room/kitchen so needs to be quiet

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No no no. It is a black fabric on the front and waterproof material on the back. Wife found it in the fabric section at walmart. You have to cut and sew it but it works great

OP
OP
P

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in a long time. Tank is doing good so you know what that means right. Let's start messing with it lol. I picked up a new to me skimmer. I don't think its big enough
7eduvysy.jpg
enujy7yd.jpg
5e4ahery.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice skimmer!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back