Ph 8.4

NShirke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be doing my happy dance? Consistently, I'm getting Ph between 8.35 - 8.46 for past few weeks. I have chaeto reactor, have been dosing Kalk.. I keep room CO2 at 740 ppm.

IMG_0193.jpg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would! How are you maintaining CO2 at 740ppm? What was your pH before this?

CO2 fog machine? lol

When i was a kid, my mom would occasionally bring home dry ice for us to play with.

We'd will the tub with water, toss in the ice and sometimes bubble bath and make bubbling foggy mist all through the bathroom till be could barely breathe. lol

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CO2 fog machine? lol

When i was a kid, my mom would occasionally bring home dry ice for us to play with.

We'd fill the tub with water, toss in the ice and sometimes bubble bath and make bubbling foggy mist all through the bathroom till we could barely breathe. lol
That's how you became such a cool dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CO2 fog machine? lol

We'd will the tub with water, toss in the ice and sometimes bubble bath and make bubbling foggy mist all through the bathroom till be could barely breathe. lol
Most kids these days will never have the pleasure of playing with anything cool that is potentially dangerous. I have fond memories of playing with termite and pop bottles filled with sulfuric acid and aluminum as a kid.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be doing my happy dance? Consistently, I'm getting Ph between 8.35 - 8.46 for past few weeks. I have chaeto reactor, have been dosing Kalk.. I keep room CO2 at 740 ppm.

IMG_0193.jpg
My tank is in the same boat. My pH is consistently 8.35-8.42 during the day and drops to about 8.2 at night. No fuge, C02 scrubber or anything special either. Just the skimmer and I live alone, so not a ton of C02 production. I do have my chameleon right next to the tank and his enclosure has a lot of plants, so maybe they are reducing C02 even more.

OP
OP
N

NShirke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would! How are you maintaining CO2 at 740ppm? What was your pH before this?
Converted my garage into my aquarium room. Plus, I've a bunch of low light plants in the garage to absorb co2;especially in winter as i stay in northeast.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Converted my garage into my aquarium room. Plus, I've a bunch of low light plants in the garage to absorb co2;especially in winter as i stay in northeast.

I believe unless your tank is in a greenhouse, the plants will have almost no effect.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back