Ph and dkh

Damdeno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this question has been asked before but is there a possibility I could negatively Affect my tank if I choose to dose soda ash since my tanks dkh and ph have been relatively low lately
dkh 7.4
ph 7.8≈
- Hector

OP
OP
Damdeno

Damdeno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking to boost pH then switching to Soda ash is a good idea.
i read some of the mixing instructions can I just add soda ash mixed into my tank ? I believe that’s what is expected from the directions I read off BRS.

Jstrobe1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i read some of the mixing instructions can I just add soda ash mixed into my tank ? I believe that’s what is expected from the directions I read off BRS.
Mix one gallon of RO with the BRS soda ash. You want to add it in a high flow area otherwise it will precipitate and lower your alkalinity. Use the calculator on BRS for dosing amount specific to your tank

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PHARMA SODA ASH SOLUTION MIXING INSTRUCTIONS (From BRS Site and yes you add the appropriate amount to the tank may not be whole 1 gal if thats what you are asking)​

Makes 1-Gallon of Liquid Alkalinity Solution​

For daily 2-part dosing or even special one-time doses, making a 1-gallon solution only takes a few minutes and can be used once the solution is clear.

1. Using a clean 1-gallon jug or container, fill it 4/5 full of RO/DI water.
  2. Add 2 1/3 household measuring cups of BRS Pharma Soda Ash or a single Pre-Portioned package to the 1 gallon jug.
  3. Screw on the cap to the jug and shake it for about 10 seconds to start the dissolving process.
  4. Remove the cap and fill the container the rest of the way with RO/DI water.
  5. Replace the cap and give the container a few more shakes and let it sit until the salts are fully dissolved which should only take a couple hours.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back