ph board question.

ls1fst98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i purchased a ph board and sensor off amazon which most likely is the wrong one. but if i can make it work id greatly appreciate the assistance. heres a pic of the one i have, it has 6 pins off the back labeld v+, gnd, gnd, po, do, to. hopefully this one will work with reefpi. thanks again.

phprobe.jpg

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i purchased a ph board and sensor off amazon which most likely is the wrong one. but if i can make it work id greatly appreciate the assistance. heres a pic of the one i have, it has 6 pins off the back labeld v+, gnd, gnd, po, do, to. hopefully this one will work with reefpi. thanks again.

phprobe.jpg
If you can read it with any script you can put the values to a file and get reef-pi to process it.
I have just done the same with humidity sensor.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That board outputs the measured pH as a +-2.5V analog signal on the Po pin. It being analog and not digital, the Pi cannot read it and you need to put some adc between that and the pi, preferably one that already has a reef-pi driver written for it, forgot which ones that were.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That board outputs the measured pH as a +-2.5V analog signal on the Po pin. It being analog and not digital, the Pi cannot read it and you need to put some adc between that and the pi, preferably one that already has a reef-pi driver written for it, forgot which ones that were.
ADS1115 Has support

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, so im ordering that board now. since this is all kind of new to me, roughly how would i wire this between the pi and the ph board?
Ads to pi is gnd to gnd, v to 3v3,sda to sda and scl to scl. Best look at the reefpi guides or Google pi i2c on how to set it up and which pins to use, there are some extra commands and settings to make it work.

Ph board to ads1115 is gnd to gnd and po to one of the analog inputs a0-a3

Edit: on second thought, not sure if the ads1115 will handle negative voltage right without some extra work /parts, maybe the others can chime in

Last edited:

avfv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pH board is only bad quality analog front-end for pH probe. True pH meter has femtoamp buffer amplifier, at least 16 bit sigma-delta ADC and galvanic isolation.
My one-day solution:

ad779x_adc.png

ad779x_dcdc.png

ad779x_.jpg

My design based on EVAL_CN0326-PMDZ board from Analog Devices, I used old and cheap opamp LMC662CN and 16bit ADC AD7792; DIP package allow air connection between probe output and opamp input to eliminate any PCB leakages.
I reach true 15 bit readings, works great - clean response without any noise even on prototype board.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ads to pi is gnd to gnd, v to 3v3,sda to sda and scl to scl. Best look at the reefpi guides or Google pi i2c on how to set it up and which pins to use, there are some extra commands and settings to make it work.

Ph board to ads1115 is gnd to gnd and po to one of the analog inputs a0-a3

Edit: on second thought, not sure if the ads1115 will handle negative voltage right without some extra work /parts, maybe the others can chime in

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back