Ph Boost!

Greyskull_714

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2024
Messages
47
Reaction score
12
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive heard and known that running air from outside would raise ph. In my office has no doors and is next to a door that goes outside so I always assumed it had circulating air. My ph was always 7.8-8.0 and I was ok with that. I had some extra tubing so I decided to run a line outside just to see what would happen and WoW! Immediate increase in ph to 8.4! That is all, bye.
 
Last edited:
I might have to run a line outside as well but I would have to make it look nice as the better half would be upset other wise. Only problem I have is it’s about 15 feet to the front door or 25 feet to back door and I don’t run a skimmer.
 
I might have to run a line outside as well but I would have to make it look nice as the better half would be upset other wise. Only problem I have is it’s about 15 feet to the front door or 25 feet to back door and I don’t run a skimmer.
Luckily the wall behind the tank is the garage and I had an existing hole used for an ethernet cable. But I hear ya, if i didnt have that option it would make things a lot tougher.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new