Ph Controller Problem Help needed!

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller that controls my Calcium reactor. It has worked flawlessly for a few years.

Today I was doing my bi-Yearly cleaning of the calcium reactor and I noticed it not reading correctly after I messed with the reactor. It kept reading around 10 when I normally have it calibrated for mid 6 and my tank water is 7.7 according to my Apex. Once I get the reactor cleaned and back together I decide to recalibrate the PH prob as I do every time. This time though when I put it in the 4.0 solution it reads 10.0 and when I place it in the 7.0 solution it reads 12.0. No problem, I must have messed up the probe and I always keep a spare as they are cheap. (bought the new one on Jan 29, 2022)

So I pull out the spare, hook it up. Same thing. Basically the same readings for both the old probe and the new probe. I can try to calibrate it, but it wont let you turn the dial that much. It basically only lets you calibrate it for 1.0 ph in either direction.

Is there a factory reset or a fix to reset the controller? Do I just have 2 bad PH probes? I may try to pull the one off my Apex and see if it does it also.

Any help is appreciated!

I leave for vacation in 6 days and I have got to get this running or ill be SOL.

Thanks
Ross

OP
OP
atomic081

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the controller may be broken. Both probes calibrated correctly on my apex, so I just used the new probe and im letting the apex control the CO2 solenoid on the reactor. I had planned on doing this at some point anyway, so its not a big deal. I just hate to have equipment fail.

If anyone knows how to fix the Milwaukee controller, I would appreciate the help still!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back